1,873

on 23 November 2013
Bought to charge a Braun toothbrush...

This really isn't fit for use. The two-pin plug doesn't really fit in except with excessive brute force. Once in, springs appear to push the plug out. I'd read about others taking the plug apart and removing springs, but on my plug, the screw on the underside appears to already have a damaged screw head, so I can't take it apart.

Have since bought a similar plug from Morrisons for £2. That has done the job and my toothbrush can now be charged.

Doesn't seem worth sending back due to postage costs. I'd have been better putting £1 in the Children in Need collection at Morrisons when I bought the replacement plug from them!
on 29 January 2014
The pins do not fit into the plug properly the slightest touch makes it jump out and my toothbrush will not charge fully. Very disappointed I know its a very cheap adapter but I still expected it to work. Doesn't feel safe to leave plugged in I will have to buy another one elsewhere.
on 19 January 2011
The product I received was not the same as the one pictured, instead I got the square adapter other reviewers have described. It simply doesn't work, plugs used with it don't fit and are pushed out.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2012
sorry to say but this thing doesnt even hold properly in a mains socket,and doesnt even when its plugged in to 2pin shaver charger cable,so its loose all the ways,and i had t stick it with a duck tape,adapter and charger,but as said its loose even in mains socket,so overal not great produckt at all,just happy that it wasnt priced something like a fiver or so ,than i would be reall mad.
on 28 January 2011
I bought this adapter to charge an electric toothbrush as I don't have a shaver outlet. The item that arrived was not as the one pictured. It is square and blocky and the spring mechanism is too strong, it moves the contact prongs and actually stripped some of the metal off them, whilst leaving the plug only loosly held by the adapter. I have not used the adapter as I have no confidence in it.
on 18 January 2011
In line with an existing review [that I saw] the plugs sent to me do not work. First observation is that they are different to the picture - they are square and blocky rather than the curved item in the picture. As with the previous reviewer, the two pin plug will not sit correctly and charge; rather it is pushed over in the plug and stops charging. Given that I ordered two to cover a razor and toothbrush gifted at Christmas, and both have the same issue, I would not recommend this product.
on 26 July 2012
The item worked twice, after that I would charge up my epilator and it would work for only two minutes and then die! I switched back to my original plug which works perfectly fine. I'm unsure if I received a dud or not? Regardless I am very disappointed!!
on 28 September 2011
damn son, this is intense. You plug it in, plug in your once non-compatible plug into that and the heavens opened, trumpets played and lekky flowed into my once dead lekky tooth brush. Praise Jeebus.
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2009
After the order was placed the item above arrived in good time,however on trying to plug my razor lead into the adapter it was a very loose fit,hence the lead then pulled to one side and cut the power off,so although the adapter was a reasonable price it was of no use. This is no reflection Amazon whom I have learned to trust and have complete faith in. Ken PashleyDSP1273 Shaver/Toothbrush Plug Adapter - 2 Pin Socket For Shaver/Toothbrush Converts to Standard 3 Pin UK Plug - 1 AMP Fuse BS646, BS 1363/3, ASTA STD 125. Approved by ASTA - Shaving Lead Sold Separately (DAP101)
Most people need a two-pin to three-pin adapter for something or other (shavers, groomers, toothbrushes, camera chargers, etc.), and this one looks a good bargain at £1 including delivery. But it's not really.
The unit is not high quality - not that I was particularly expecting that. What I did expect though was for two-pin plugs to fit easily, but securely. The pins were difficult to fit at all without a good degree of force and the whole thing left me a bit uncomfortable about its safety when in use.

My advice is to search for another - on Amazon, or elsewhere. None of them are very expensive, and I'm sure that many will be better quality.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.