Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Physical Properties and Sequence Design Hardcover – 20 Jun 2014
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
New edition explores contemporary MRI principles and practices
Thoroughly revised, updated and expanded, the second edition of Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Physical Principles and Sequence Design remains the preeminent text in its field. Using consistent nomenclature and mathematical notations throughout all the chapters, this new edition carefully explains the physical principles of magnetic resonance imaging design and implementation. In addition, detailed figures and MR images enable readers to better grasp core concepts, methods, and applications.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Second Edition begins with an introduction to fundamental principles, with coverage of magnetization, relaxation, quantum mechanics, signal detection and acquisition, Fourier imaging, image reconstruction, contrast, signal, and noise. The second part of the text explores MRI methods and applications, including fast imaging, water–fat separation, steady state gradient echo imaging, echo planar imaging, diffusion–weighted imaging, and induced magnetism. Lastly, the text discusses important hardware issues and parallel imaging.
Readers familiar with the first edition will find much new material, including:
- New chapter dedicated to parallel imaging
- New sections examining off–resonance excitation principles, contrast optimization in fast steady–state incoherent imaging, and efficient lower–dimension analogues for discrete Fourier transforms in echo planar imaging applications
- Enhanced sections pertaining to Fourier transforms, filter effects on image resolution, and Bloch equation solutions when both rf pulse and slice select gradient fields are present
- Valuable improvements throughout with respect to equations, formulas, and text
- New and updated problems to test further the readers grasp of core concepts
Three appendices at the end of the text offer review material for basic electromagnetism and statistics as well as a list of acquisition parameters for the images in the book.
Acclaimed by both students and instructors, the second edition of Magnetic Resonance Imaging offers the most comprehensive and approachable introduction to the physics and the applications of magnetic resonance imaging.
About the Author
Robert W. Brown, Ph.D., is Institute Professor of Physics at Case Western Reserve University. His research group efforts have resulted in over 200 published papers and abstracts, and his former students hold at least 150 patents (eight co-authored by him) and he has done important work in radiation physics, MRI, PET, CT, electromagnetics, inverse methods, mechanical and thermal modeling, nonlinear dynamics, EEG, MEG, sensors, and physics education, as well as a professional-life-long involvement in elementary particle physics and cosmology. E. Mark Haacke, Ph.D., is Director of The Magnetic Resonance Imaging Institute for Biomedical Research and Professor of Radiology, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University. Dr. Haacke has two decades of experience teaching courses in physics, mathematics and statistics.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Bioengineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics