- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Llewellyn Publications,U.S. (Feb. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0738706574
- ISBN-13: 978-0738706573
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 2.3 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,076,986 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Magic of the Celtic Otherworld: Irish History, Lore and Rituals (Llewellyn's Celtic Wisdom) Paperback – 1 Feb 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Steve Blamires was born in Ayr, Scotland, and is one of the foremost Celtic scholars in the world. He is a co-founder of The Company of Avalon, a working magical group offering an in-depth training in the Western Mystery Tradition. He leads spiritual tours to many of the sacred sites of Northern Europe. He has written numerous articles for publications in both the U.K. and U.S. He is the author of the book Celtic Tree Mysteries: Practical Druid Magic & Divination.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The reason I'm giving it three stars is because of the preachy tone in one particular section of the book. The author suggests that individuals stop taking medication while performing certain exercises. This is something I heavily disagree with. Certain medications *may* interact, but advising people stop taking their medication without consulting their doctors is no good for me.
Blamires is an excellent writer. Very knowledgeble and easy to understand, yet his books are deep. He began his magical adventures in the Western Mystery Tradition, best known through The Golden Dawn from the 1920's. This background gives him a practical teaching perspective and historical accuracy which I have not found with other writers. When I found Steve Blamires I crossed a line from Wicca to magic itself and feel that I have found a niche that is right for me, whereas Wicca was not the right fit.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Witchcraft
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Earth Based Religions > Witchcraft & Wicca
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Earth-Based Religions > Wicca