Magda Goebbels Paperback – 1 May 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Never less than gripping (Michael Burleigh, MAIL ON SUNDAY)
Klabunde has pieced together a chilling story that confirms the outsider's greatest fears about those within the Nazi Party elite (Rosemary Goring, GLASGOW HERALD)
An engaging and lucid account of a supposed anomaly: a cultivated woman at the heart of the Nazi regime (LITERARY REVIEW)
This thoroughly researched biography explores how a beautiful and intelligent woman turned into a fanatic. (SUNDAY TELEGRAPH)
* Remarkable biography of the complex and tragic 'First Lady' of the Third Reich, Magda GoebbelsSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The author strives to explain how and why the teenage girlfriend of a Zionist (and stepdaughter of a Jew) ended up committing suicide and infanticide in the Fuehrerbunker three decades later, having married a capitalist in between. The protagonist was certainly a woman of contradiction; fortunately, her best friend and confidante Ello Quandt was able and willing to share memories and anecdotes, many of which feature in this book, along with other reliable accounts from people such as Magda's mother, and Albert Speer.
At times, it's clear from slightly clumsy translation that the book was originally written in German, but for me, it didn't detract.
I would have liked to have seen more photographs of Magda before she became unwell and prematurely aged, given that so much was made of her appearance and its importance in attracting men to her.
I wanted to know more about the fate of the Quandts, especially Harald, after the war. As it happens, there is plenty of info on Wiki, but an extra page in this book would have been a worthwhile addition, just to tie everything up.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Magda had a really surprising life before she became Mrs Goebbels in as much as she must have been afraid of effectively being found out by the Nazi regime. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Inquisio
In good condition, prompt and a fascinating read. I'm working on a play in which she features and the info was invaluable, as well as being insightful.Published on 24 Jun. 2013 by Flossieraptor
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Germany
- Books > Biography > Holocaust
- Books > Biography > Political > Countries & Regions
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > History > Europe > Holocaust
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Historical Figures