- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Magazine Editing: In Print and Online Paperback – 31 Oct 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'It is, and was in its earlier incarnations, a valuable and thorough guide to all the aspects of publishing editors and their staff should know about [...] For students this book offers a readable introduction to the industry so it should definitely be stocked by every library where magazine journalism and publishing is taught.' - Journal of the Association for Journalism Education, Issue 2-1, May 2013
Praise for the second edition:
'Editing has always been a dark art, part both sides of the brain and part gut - and this excellent and thorough book lets light into every conceivable corner including some pretty murky ones. Above all it carries a torch for the blindingly obvious but oft forgotten truth - cherish and serve your readers and won't go far wrong.' Nicholas Brett, Deputy Managing Director, BBC Magazines, and former editor of Radio Times
About the Author
John Morrish is a freelance writer and editor. He is a former editor of Time Out, commissioning editor on the Telegraph Magazine and sub-editor on Private Eye.
Paul Bradshaw is Course Leader of the MA in Online Journalism at Birmingham City University and Visiting Professor in Online Journalism at City University London. In 2010 he was shortlisted for Multimedia Publisher of the Year, was listed on journalism.co.uk’s list of leading innovators in media, and on the US Poynter Institute’s list of the 35 most influential people in social media. In 2011he was ranked the UK’s 7th most influential UK journalist on Twitter by PeerIndex.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies