- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Madman [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE ALONE.
Gather around the campfire, and hearthe tale of Madman Marz an ill-tempered farmer who, one dark night, chopped up his wife and two children into pieces. When the locals learned of his heinous crimes, they exacted revenge sinking an axe into his head and hanging him from a nearby tree. But the next day, Marz s body was gone...
Thus the camp counsellor finishes his tale, closing with the warning never to say Marz s name above a whisper, lest the hideously-deformed farmer comes looking for them. Naturally, the first thing that one of the young campers does is calls out Marz s name precipitating a terrifying night of murder, mayhem and sexy Jacuzzi vignettes!
Inspired by the same Cropsey urban legend which informed 1981 s The Burning and starring Dawn of the Dead s Gaylen Ross (appearing under the pseudonym Alexis Dubin ), Madman stands as one of the finest offerings from the golden age of hack n slash.
Special Edition Contents:
- Brand new 4K transfer from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Joe Giannone, Madman stars Paul Ehlers and Tony Fish and producer Gary Sales
- Audio Commentary by The Hysteria Continues
- The Legend Still Lives! Thirty Years of Madman a feature-length retrospective documentary on the slasher classic including interviews with various cast and crew
- Madman: Alive at 35 Sales, Ehlers and star Tom Candela look back at the making of Madman, 35 years after it was filmed
- The Early Career of Gary Sales the Madman producer discusses his career in the film industry
- Convention interviews with Sales and Ehlers
- Music Inspired by Madman a selection of songs inspired by themovie, including the track Escape From Hellview from former CKY frontman Deron Miller
- In Memoriam producer Sales pays tribute to the some of the film s late cast and crew, including director Giannone and actor Tony Fish
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Stills & Artwork Gallery with commentary by Sales
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic James Oliver, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the urban legend behind this movie and sets the tone...This is a kind of slasher that's scary and has inventive deadscenes. The caracters are exactly like they're always are...stupid! they go into the woods alone...go into places that a normal person would never go to...But that's the succes of this kind of films. Ofcourse, like a said earlier, there's a lot of ripoff from "Friday the 13th" but if you liked that one, you will also like "Madman" It's one of my favorite slasherfilms of the early 80's So I suggest you go and see this one. Even for a more than 20year old movie, it's still very welldone, the effects are good and the madman is scary!
If your a massive fan of 80's slasher movies than this one should be in your collection!! A classic by the book horror that follows the rules quite well, young people out in the woods, a legend about a local madman killer, lots of bloody death scenes etc!! This is one of the 80's movies that had a big influence on films today such as Hatchet!! If your a gorehound get Madman! great cast, great soundtrack, great new Arrow Blu-ray.
Arrow Blu-ray picture looks great in HD, (DVD version also included)
Features are well worth the money with a feature length documentary 1hr-31mins, commentaries, plus many more featurettes and interviews etc, the movie has a new introduction too, trailers and more.
Region Free ABC Blu-ray and a region FREE 0 DVD,
Reversible sleeve, and a nice booklet 22-pages,
It has dated and one scene in particular, the well lit Gaylen Ross hot-tub scene, does show some vertical scratch lines. There may be others but they would be masked as most of the film is quite dark.
It is by no means a classic of the slasher genre but is definitely worth watching and is certainly not a dud.
The commentary by writer/director Joe Giannone, producer Gary Sales, actor Tony Fish and the Madman himself Paul Ehlers does rescue it. It is very informative and well worth listening to, what might have happened to the movie if they had got Vincent Price? This commentary gives it a head up on the 3 stars the movie alone would have deserved.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Bad acting, really bad sound effects, everything just bad bad bad.
I think you get it.