Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 March 2017
Ok
on 27 May 2017
Short but sweet and is actually good for helping with counting.
on 17 November 2000
"In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived 12 little girls in two straight lines" starts this classic rhyming book with sumptuous drawings of Paris. The story of Madeline, a little orphan girl who gets into the most hair-raising scrapes (always in rhyme) is a delight to read to children and one which they soon be reciting back to you. This is the one where she has her appendix out, and it will surely lead you to the rest of these classic childrens books, each beautifully illustrated by the author. My kids have read them since they were 3 and still return to them now they are 6 & 8, often reciting the final page... "and she turned out the light, and closed the door, and that's all there is, there isn't any more."
I remember reading this book as a child over and over again. A most delightful book and I feel it a must for all young readers. Madeline's antics made me giggle and I have bought it for my grandchildren. I hope that they, and all the other young readers of this book, get the same enjoyment that I did all those years ago.
on 3 November 2010
My daughter (and son) loved Madeline. We have several of the books from the series and they are well thumbed and loved from constant bedtime reading. I could probably recite Madeline by heart! Madeline can be naughty and mischievous and brave and kind .... probably most suitable for children ages 3 - 7 years. Alas, my children are entering their teens but we have kept the books as they are too precious to part with. I am now buying them for my nieces.
on 2 July 1998
This is my favorite book of all time. I am ten years old and I still love Madeline! Miss Clavell teaches Madeline that she can do anything that she makes up her mind to do. I think every kid would love Madeline!
on 24 February 2013
I like this book but I'm giving it 4 stars because, as I state in the title, my son hasn't found it at all interesting and hasn't once asked me to read it. However, this has more to do with my boy rather than the book, as he is more keen on stories that involve dinosaurs, monsters, pirates and trucks.
on 21 September 1998
I loved this book when I was growing up, now I'm 30 years old and I still remember my mother reading it to me. I don't have any children, but will buy this book for my neice. It brings back special memories.
on 15 June 2011
Classic children's story book which my daughter loved as a child and I bought this for her daughter who in turn also loves it.Arrived promptly and in perfect condition.
on 10 February 2017
Another classic of children's literature. Suspense, friendship in a boarding school in an exotic location - Paris in the 30's. The story flows, the occasional forced rhymes are funny, we have sickness and recovery, jealousy and friendship renewed, all overseen by the kind and caring (and very fit) miss Clavell. And with a brave and adventurous girl heroine. Perfect for 2+, boys and girls alike. This book has stood the test of time.