Customer reviews

Made In Heaven [DVD] [NTSC]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£17.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 25 May 2015
A heavenly romance with its feet firmly on the ground. This movie is seriously under-rated by the worldly-wise "critics", probably because while it starts on Earth during the time of the Depression , it also goes on to show how life in the Spirit World is radically different to the version offered by orthodox religions, based on information deeply researched by the author ; and to the cynics, will be too lacking in the usual "darker" side of human emotions which they seem to prefer in romantic films these days.

There is no violence, physical or otherwise, just nice, ordinary folk, on both sides of life, dealing with normal day-to-day problems , and thereby gaining mental and spiritual maturity, depicted by two principal young characters who meet, part, and then meet again. How, when, and where this all happens is the basis of the movie, and is depicted via an unusual story-line. A film for all generations. The music is excellent too !

Why this never gets shown on TV while lesser productions such as "Ghost" are endlessly repeated is a mystery, except that as said before, there is no blood and gore, and perhaps those who control what we are offered on TV probably cannot accept that some of us actually do like movies that have a great story, and yet without the doom and gloom most current movies have ?

Excellent value for money - but ensure that the DVD you buy will be suitable for Region 2. The one shown has a cover only used in the USA, the Region 2 version has a different label.
on 19 March 2011
I have just got this dvd from america and haven't seen it for about 7 or 8 years. I had forgot how much I love it. The dvd is an american import but it will play on both my philips dvd player and my philips bluray player both are region 2 players, I must state it does not play on dvd recorders / rewriters. It is a warner archive and as such the quality is not as great as a normal dvd but saying that it is a lot better than the video quality that I was expecting. I can't say that I notice it really its only if you want to be really picky about the quality. It only took a little over a week to arrive and it was well worth the money.

It is very unlikely that it will ever be released other that as a Warner Brothers archive dvd, so if you want it get that version as it place on most standard dvd players, the only thing I am aware of is that it will not play on a computer or laptop.

SPOILER ALERT

It doesn't give much of a disciption on the info of this dvd.
Kelly McGillis plays Annie a newborn soul, Timothy Hutton plays Mike who dies saving a family from drowning. They meet and fall in love in heaven. Annie is then sent to earth to be born, Mike follows to try and find her even though they have no memory of each other.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 May 2013
This is a wonderful story! And one which (I think) we would all like to beleive in. This movie should NOT only be available as an Italian import! I really don't get that bit! It's an American film with American actors and actresses and is very much of great western ideals. I won't go into the story because you just have to see it for yourself to get what you will from it. I will say though: It's very "Back to the Future meets Alice in Wonderland" in it's delivery. The ending is glorious and will definately give you a lump in your throat from joyous relief that they "made it" shall we say. It's got a whole host of great classic hippy rock and popular music tracks in it and features some of music's greatest stars making cameos in various parts of the film. Ric Ocasek of the Cars, Tom Petty, and Neil Young as a rig driver. How cool is that!? It's a very sweet movie and it makes you wonder if this is really what it's all about... You know, why we're here and so on...
3 people found this helpful
on 3 November 2015
I only gave 4 stars as you can't turn off the subtitles, but the film is a good story of a couple falling in love in heaven but split up by returning to Earth and trying to find each other before a deadline returns the man to heaven. The storyline is quite good and the love theme doesn't get sloshy, so enjoyable film overall.
on 24 January 2018
Having seen this in US in the early 90s was keen to see it again! Bit cheesey but good film - interesting idea! Fab acting from Hutton and McGillis. Feel good film.
on 11 January 2018
I love this movie. The concept of falling in love in heaven and to find the same love on earth is so romantic.
on 1 June 2014
Saw this in the cinema back in the eighties and though it got slatted by the critics I really enjoyed it then so felt like a walk down memory lane and wasn't disappointed. It is a bit imperfect as films go but the core of the film and the romance is what got me plus the elderly couple who were the boys parents in his first life.
on 23 October 2015
I watched this in the cinema in the 1980's and enjoyed it then, I wanted to watch it again and thought I would search on Amazon, I managed to find it in the Spanish version that also had it in English with subtitles ( I found the subtitles a little irritating, need to work out how to turn them off) which is compatible with UK TV, shame the UK version is not available. After all that I am pleased to say it was worth it and that I enjoyed the film as much this time as I did then, to the point that I even tried to purchase the soundtrack (without success!).. Please release a proper UK version, Thank you
on 4 February 2016
I didn't realise 'Made in Heaven' DVD wasn't in English when I ordered it, I am unable to watch it .. I have seen the film many years back and thought it was a brilliant film at the time .. I am disappointed ..
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 April 2018
i loved this movie when i was a teenager and have been wanting to rewatch for awhile so i was happy to find it on Amazon and watched it and it was as good as i remember Beautiful Movie