on 5 December 2017
Filming on location and a great presentation, as you would expect from BBC and David Attenborough. For the last 10+ years I have admired and enjoyed many more documentaries of this particular combination. I would like to repeat again: it is BBC production. That means filming mostly on the actual location, attention to the most interesting details, regardless technical challenges and a skilful filming crew. Overall, I reckon, it is very expensive.
It is nothing like the cheaper production of SKY appearing on Amazon in recent years, example being Kingdom of Plants [DVD], where it is mostly David Attenborough who saves the day.
on 28 November 2017
Great service, great DVD overall 20/10
on 16 August 2017
Good to have in collection.
on 17 November 2017
Great!!!
on 19 June 2013
Great photography and a revelation of nature at work. Very well researched and presented. These breathtaking scenes and well presented narrative is highly entertaining and also very educational. It puts conservation into perspective and makes very clear why it should be top priority on this planet.
on 23 October 2017
Perfect, as all (matser)works by Sir David Attenborough.
on 5 December 2017
Gotta love Attenborough
on 15 September 2015
GREAT
on 4 January 2014
Classic David Attenborough. Wonderfull filming and very informative helped me greatly with the research I was doing at the time.
on 2 May 2012
Thanks for the review by Mark Twain and the comment by Sanjay, I now know why Madagascar will not work on my 2 Sony BR players. I also took my copy of Madagascar to Best Buy and it did played on 2 other brands of BR players.

I emailed Sony and then called their customer service and after some research; this is what Sony told me: Region FREE is for the European and Region Zero and 1 are for North America, and Sony is not prepared to do anything about it because it is a Region Code thing. There is no software upgrade available. I guess that Sony just did not included Region FREE into their software initially.

I gave Madagascar a 5 star rating because I know it is a wonderful product. Not being able to play is just unfortunate that I (we) have Sony players. I do not want to down grade the product.

I will advise Amazon UK about the situation and hope they will post a warning to US customers who owns Sony BR players. I have other UK BRs, and Madagascar happened to be the first one not playable.

UPDATE: Sept 25, 2012

I had just upgraded to 3D TV. I purchased the LG 55LM7600 with the LG BD620 3D player. I watched Madagascar on simulated 3D and it was a pleasant experience. The five star rating for Madagascar now stands solid.

The note Amazon UK placed just under the Madagascar title explains clearly why the Sony players will not play Madagascar. What Sony told me is just a brush off.
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse