on 6 December 2014
Many people are complaining about the marketing of this DVD and the fact that season 7 is split into two. I waited a while to buy this and it was definitely worth the £15 I paid. The acting and direction is slick, flawless and gripping as ever and it's great to be back in the familiar world they have created.
13 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2015
This is sheer genius. Watch Episode 6. The beauty of it is staggering. You have to see it. Jon Hamm is amazing and so are the writers of this. Don't wait for the second part of Season 7, it has not aired yet, the broadcast will start in March 2015. Yes, the price is high for just 7 episodes, but I did not feel ripped off. That's the best Mad Men, even better than Season 4.
8 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2015
I still love this show - but it's almost worth watching earlier episodes again than sitting through the new ones. Don looks knackered, Betty's past her prime. Pete's hairline is almost at the back of his head. Joan's worried about money and loneliness - so all the things you loved to watch are slowly going to seed...only Roger's got the same pizazz - what a superb character he is!

Still got to watch it all to see how it all ends - probably with a looming uncertainty, pessimism and fade into credits I suspect...
3 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2015
I have just watched the whole of the Mad Men series again for the third time, it has turned out to be my favourite tv show of all time. At the end of season 6 I couldn't wait to see what was to come but I was holding off for part 2 being released and hoping it would have a better price for both parts. But seeing as it has not yet been shown on tv in the US yet (showing in April) I realised that was going to be quite a wait. So I paid the £16+ and watched all 7 episodes over 2 days. I would have paid £50 for it! I think season 7 may well turn out to be my favourite. The closing scene at the end of the last disc between Don and Bert Cooper reduced me to tears. I lived in Manhattan in the mid 60's before moving to Los Angeles and I am forever impressed with the accuracy for detail this series has shown. The changes in the relationships just holds you and you want everything to work out for them. It does, it doesn't then it does again. I cant wait to see the last ever 7 episodes but will be incredibly sad to see it end. A friend in the US is recording it for my visit later in the year but if it is released before then I will buy it. Avid viewers are speculating Dons end. Me I think he will turn his back on everything and everyone drive off to better climes and new beginnings, hope so anyway. No he wont jump off that building! Don't think the price is high buy it, its worth every penny and more.
on 12 July 2015
I have avidly watched the first six seasons of Mad Men and, IMHO, it is one of the best TV series to have been produced in recent years on either side of the Atlantic. The whole series has extremely high production values, great casting, and some terrific acting. Season 7 is no different, and I'm just sad that this will definitely be the last.
on 5 February 2015
Very enjoyable - Mad Men at its best and episode 7 is a delight, especially the surprise ending: The Moon belongs to everyone!
Such a shame that final series are split into two like this just to squeeze more money out, leaves a bad taste after all the creative work that goes into the season.
on 9 February 2018
excellent purchase, great service, we recomend--the collings family--nz
on 26 January 2016
Having watched the other 6 seasons this show continues to be brilliant. I love the way they explore how different life was in the 60's and make everyday office life interesting. One of the best shows I have ever seen.
on 1 June 2015
I adore 'Mad Men' and know that the end is nigh. The series has had its failures but this does progress the series towards a sense of the end. Enjoy it while you can - there are only 7 more episodes after this!
on 20 May 2016
I was extremely pleased with my purchase and feel that it was money well spent. Would most certainly use the seller in the future.