Macrobiotics for Dummies Paperback – 29 Apr 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Verne Varona is one of the most energetic and dynamic health educators in the country. A nationally sought–after speaker, Varona has authored articles for natural publications such as Natural Health, Alternative Healing, Macrobiotics Today, and Healthy Body & Fitness, and is also the author of the bestselling Nature′s Cancer–Fighting Foods.
From the Back Cover
- Understand the central dietary principles, nutrition, and foods of a macrobiotic lifestyle
- Prepare macrobiotic menus and recipes
- Reduce your cravings for unhealthy foods
- Prevent or relieve numerous ailments with a macrobiotic diet
The definitive guide to incorporating a macrobiotic diet into your daily life
Do you want to make the most of macrobiotics? This practical guide uses a body, mind, and spirit approach to introduce you to the basics of this popular diet. You′ll see how to use macrobiotic principles to enhance your health and happiness; prepare the right foods to increase your energy and fight off disease; and make lifestyle changes to support your new way of eating.
- Begin on the path to healthy living understand the science behind macrobiotics and how to apply the principles to your daily life
- Heal the macrobiotic way discover the foods and nutrients that influence good health and heal common diseases
- Plan for successful, non–stressful change create a macro–friendly kitchen, shop smart, and introduce new foods to the family diet
- Make marvelous macrobiotic meals prepare delicious,easy–to–follow recipes from breakfast to dessert and plan your weekly menu
- Take it on the road make healthy restaurant choices
- Round out your macrobiotic lifestyle get tips for exercise, creating a more nourishing environment, and developing a self–healing personality
Open the book and find:
- The basics of macrobiotic nutrition
- How to marshal your body, mind, and spirit to renew your health
- Ten tips for prompt, permanent weight loss
- Practical ways to eliminate cravings for unhealthy food
- More than 50 healthy, tasty recipes
- Time–saving cooking techniques
- Tips on managing your blood sugar with macrobiotic foods
- The right tools and equipment to stock a healthy kitchen
- A sample macrobiotic menu
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The font is quite small and it would have been useful to have made it a bit larger.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am so pleased with this book.It explaines everything you need to know in simple terms. You can read the book by picking which chapters all relevent to you,or read it from front... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Carolyn Crawford
Given to someone as a gift, haven't read this book. But looked very informative!Published 22 months ago by Edita Vasiljeviene
This book is very well organized, it uses a clear language and gives lots of tips. For those concerned about what & how we are eating I absolutly recomend this reading...Published on 21 May 2014 by isabel almeida
The book is more informative than i thought it would be, very happy and a good source book for anyone starting out in macrobiotics.Published on 21 July 2013 by Josef
This book has certainly not helped me understand what macrobiotics is, it is an extremely poor book. Read morePublished on 1 Sept. 2012 by Dr. Carlo N. Colacino
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine