- Hardcover: 2704 pages
- Publisher: Industrial Press; 28th edition (3 Mar. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0831128003
- ISBN-13: 978-0831128005
- Product Dimensions: 17.6 x 12.5 x 6.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (22 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,304,479 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Machinery's Handbook 28th Edition: Toolbox Edition Hardcover – 3 Mar 2008
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
technical information. Although it is a reference work you will find yourself
reading it to educate yourself. Probably not worth updating every year though.
Detailed information about practically any mechanical problem, ranging from the basic lever and wheel, right through to rapid prototyping. At this point I can honestly say, that I have always found the information I needed in less than 4 minutes. Exact, detailed information.
The only area that I found the book lacking in, is the exclusion of European standards. For instance DIN reference numbers, but as the world is heading toward ISO9000 the old reference numbers are becoming obsolete in any case.
It's price of $80.00 may seem steep, but in comparison to the other works out there, it is reasonable. All in all, if you work in the mechanical trades, you cannot afford to pass up this book.
This was the 22nd edition (5th printing) from 1984. I can't see how anything will have changed since, apart from adding information. I have seen new editions of this on sale for £100 or more, but I couldn't quite justify that, but £45 for this was just fine.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is close to useless.
Not indexed, has typos, has no illustrations.
I have no idea what the point of this joke is.
A very useful book that contains mega amount of information required for all engineers.Published 7 months ago by Mr. Frank Groom
Just what I needed to allow me to find information I needed with in the engineering industry I work in.Published on 19 Dec. 2013 by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering