The Macarian Legacy: The Place of Macarius-Symeon in the Eastern Christian Tradition (Oxford Theological Monographs) Hardcover – 23 Sep 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Plested's work does a considerable service in opening up the Macarian legacy to detailed scrutiny, and should serve to encourage scholars interested in sympathetic appraisal of the tradition to undertake a deeper exploration of its early representatives, particularly those who have received less attention to date. (Graham Gould, The Journal of Theological Studies)
About the Author
Marcus Plested is Principal, Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies (Cambridge Theological Federation) and Research Associate in the Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Church History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Early Church
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Mysticism