- Also check our best rated Ultrabook reviews
New MacBook Air 11 inch Laptop(Intel Core 2 Duo 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M Graphics) - launched October 2010
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Flash storage for ultimate portability and fast loading
- Spacious, smooth glass trackpad to tap, pinch, drag and rotate with ease
- Up to five hours of battery life, and 30 days' standby
- NVIDIA graphics and Intel Core Duo processor for stunning performance
- Thin, high-resolution display and even thinner built-in FaceTime camera
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item New MacBook Air 11 inch Laptop(Intel Core 2 Duo 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M Graphics) - launched October 2010
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||CSC Distribution||TODO! TODO!||Amazon.co.uk||TODO! TODO!||Amazon.co.uk|
|Computer Memory Size||2 GB||4 GB||4 GB||2 GB||4 GB||4 GB|
|Connectivity Technology||—||Bluetooth||Bluetooth||HDMI, Bluetooth, wifi||Bluetooth||Wifi;Ethernet;Bluetooth;USB|
|Processor (CPU) Model||Core 2 Duo||Core i5||Core i5||Atom||Core i5||Celeron|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor (CPU) Speed||1.4 GHz||1.6 MHz||2.5 GHz||1,440 MHz||1.6 GHz||1,600 MHz|
|Display Size||11 inches||11.6 inches||13.3 inches||29.46 cm||13.3 inches||29.46 cm|
|Hard disk Description||—||SSD||HDD||eMMC||SSD||HDD|
|Hard Disk Size||128 GB||128 GB||500 GB||32 GB||256 GB||500 GB|
|Item Weight||—||1.08 kg||2.06 kg||0.98 kg||1.35 kg||1.39 kg|
|Operating System||Apple Mac OS X||Mac OS X||Mac OS X Yosemite||Windows 10||Mac OS X Yosemite||Windows 10|
|Processor Description||—||Intel Core i5||—||—||Intel Core i5||—|
|System RAM Type||—||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR3 SDRAM||—||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR3 SDRAM|
Apple MACBOOK AIR C2D14G 128GB 2GB 11IN DVDRW OSX MC506BA Laptops Notebooks
Top Customer Reviews
Obviously you have to weigh up whether the lack of any sort of cd/dvd rom drive is going to be an issue (i personally see discs being phased out in the near future) and there is also a question over the capacity of the ssd, although using an external drive is a simple solution. But if, like me, this is not an issue then you won't go far wrong with this MacBook.
There are alot of Mac haters out there that will probably slate this machine but to be honest I think that the reason some people hate Macs is simply because they haven't got or used one themselves.
Put simply, this is a fantastic machine that may seem expensive but for your money you are getting a fast, beautifully made and designed machine with none of the problems inherent with pc's (viruses and poor o.s).
Do yourself a favour and buy one as soon as you can.
1. instant resume on opening of the lid
2. great battery life
3. great performance - plenty of windows open and works fine
4. size and weight means i carry it everywhere - from my bed to anywhere around the house
5. great network access: i own an android mobile and these have a feature allowing it to act as a portable wifi hotspot - and you can do this whilst making calls so it's not either/or - and, for example, when i was on an airplane shortly after landing i turned on my phone (takes 3 keystrokes to turn on wifi hotspot) and opened my laptop and pretty much as soon as i was past the login screen the laptop was already connected to the internet via my android and within 15 seconds emails were rolling in to my inbox. never never could this happen this quickly on a windows based laptop and rarely does it work without sooner or later needing to reboot the laptop or something...
6. easy to run off another monitor - i have a 23inch monitor i work which i connect to the mba
7.Read more ›
Everyday tasks such as Web browsing are made much faster, a huge benefit to the user. And the loading of Apps such as Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office are very fast, generally between 2 and 5 seconds, compared to 10-30 second loading times that owners of the standard MacBook and even MacBook Pros are used to! Instant on is also a key feature, meaning there is less time spent waiting for this laptop to boot, and more time enjoying the laptop.
I conclude that for those who's needs are simple, e.g. web browsing, occasional iMovie, iPhoto, word processing use etc, this laptop is certainly for you. The speed of this laptop for these tasks is truly outstanding. Adobe apps such as Photoshop will also run well. However, do not expect heavy usage out of this thing! The processor, which is weaker compared to it's MacBook Pro cousins' Core i5/i7, will usually not handle heavy photo or video editing. Yet the virtually non-existant weight and size of the MacBook Air, which is it's main selling point, may appeal to some professionals who want to use this as a secondary computer, and travel frequently.
8/10. A better processor and SD card slot (perhaps larger storage capacity) would bring perfection.
When Apple announced the MacBook Air 11" it was like a dream came true, because I had this feeling it was the perfect size for an ultra-portable. I was afraid it would have the same performance issues or short battery but I must say, it's the perfect performance ratio for anyone doing web, light photo editing on the go and much more.
Don't be put off by the 1.4GHz Core2 Duo processor, it's overall performance is much greater than previous 1.6GHz Macs and on pair with some 1.83GHz machines, making it great for most tasks.
And to my surprise, I'm consistently getting over 4h of battery use on a single charge, at least!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Yes its expensive but this is a fabulous machine - we are very happy with it and are complete mac converts. If you can afford this why would you not?! Read morePublished on 27 May 2011 by longcommute
What a fantastic piece of technology. It is like the future of laptops. Bit pricie but worth the money in the long run. If you got money to spend then buy this...enough said.Published on 26 May 2011 by DSedinburgh
I previously had the Unibody Macbook until I sold it so I could buy the Macbook Air. My logic was that the only things I would miss would be the Dvd/CD drive, which I had used... Read morePublished on 4 May 2011 by Ericsp
Used MACs a long time ago didn't care for them, I'm a cynical-IT-Professional of 20 years.
Bought this for my wife when her laptop broke because I saw it and it is a piece of... Read more