on 21 July 2017
Still helps me muddle my way around my MacBook Pro........ Very informative and easy to read and follow.
on 4 February 2011
After having used Windows PCs for about 15 years, I decided to move over to Macintosh. Got a brand new Macbook Pro and immediately realized that, although not enough to make me regret my decision, there were some differences between the two systems making it hard to go through a days work without feeling like someone who's driving a stick-shift for the first time. I was getting there but slowly and not really enjoying the ride.
Then decided to get this book and it changed things. Truth be told, I found myself skipping a few paragraphs here and there - it's written as if you have never used a computer at some points - but in general it was extremely helpful. Whether it's the MAC OS, Safari or iLife, you get a few good tips for initial setup and basic use.

Gave it 4 stars because I did have to skip some paragraphs in the first few chapters. They were simply too basic for someone who has used a computer for years. But besides that, excellent help when going from PC to Mac.
on 25 July 2011
I purchased this book to save us chucking the computer out of the window! It's been a life saver, well worth it n easy to follow.
on 8 October 2011
very easy to understand and i am sure i will be dipping in and out a lot whilst i get to grips with my new machine
on 11 November 2010
i'v had dummies books before and they are written as if you have no idea about the subject so can learn the basics.its written as if you do know something,ie settin up your mac book for the internet, after reading the chapters on it i was still no wiser about how to do it. if your looking for basic info(look somewear else.)if i had seen it in a book shop and had time to glance through it i would not have bought it.
on 2 November 2011
Having just purchased a Macbook Pro after being a PC user for the last 25 years I bought this book to help with the changeover. unfortunately it wasn't much help as it is aimed at the new user (PC or MAC) and I knew most of the content already, also it's worth noting that it's not written for the latest OS X Lion which of course my Mac has.
so if your a complete newbie and your Mac has the Snow Leopard OS then this book could be of some help.
on 13 November 2011
Changed from PC to Mac, and glad I did. However not much help from Apple (do they do a manual ?) so tried this, and found it very helpful.
Chris Owen
on 27 May 2011
Great read, lots of hints and tips for the first time Mac user. Bedtime reading for the wannabe Geeks! :-)
on 12 July 2013
I purchased this book as a gift for my husband as he was having difficulty getting to grips with his MacBook after years of using a PC. I feel certain that if he ever read it, it would prove an invaluable tool and help him to avoid those nasty bouts of swearing that happen when the pages all disappear or start to revolve uncontrollably. Still, he is a man and apparently doesn't need an instruction manual *sigh*.
on 17 April 2011
Unfortunately I assumed this book would be for 'new to apple laptop' owners. It was not! Being written by an American I had to work out the different 'language' and troll through the index and in the end I was confused. Very frustrating. I am left with experimenting which is very time consuming.

Can you suggest an owners 'Macbook' that a British beginner can understand so that I can get the most out of my lovely laptop?