on 3 September 2015
I wanted a light, inexpensive case for my newly aquired iPad mini. Including postage this came in at £3. It arrived within 48hours of my ordering it and exceeded my expectations.
It's maybe a little darker pink than the photo, but honestly that's not a concern (I note that to other reviewers it was). I can't say whether it's actually leather, but it appears to be good quality.
I like that it isn't a "snap on" case, so there's no struggle to get the iPad in or out of it when I want to. That said, the case is snug and very secure, there's no chance the iPad will slip out accidentally. I like the way the stand feature works. The very simple tag on the back holds the pad upright and in place, it doesn't slip like my "regular" iPad case does.
I wanted a case that would not be bulky. I bought this mini so that I could take it travelling with me and it would slip into a bag, unlike my regular iPad that is my constant companion but is too bulky (with its cover on) to fit most shoulder bags. So I wanted a case that wouldn't bulk it out too much, and this does the job very well. The added advantage is that I can slip the pad out any time I want to use it without a cover.
As a footnote, I was in a local supermarket and saw very similar covers advertised as extra light. As far as I could see they were the same except for an embossed brand name and the outer packaging. They were £30. This made me even happier with my purchase!
5 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2015
This is a very good case for the ipad 2. The tablet fitted easily into the case and is held securely ensuring there is no chance of it slipping out and hitting the floor.
The automatic on/off when opening/closing the case works well and in the 3 weeks of use it has never failed. The holes and slots for the camera lens and buttons are well positioned and do not interfere with any of their functions. However, If you have a stylus in the holder it will make activating the volume controls a little more difficult.
I found the case easily folded and slipped into the flap on the rear to allow it to stand at an angle on the desk, and although the unit does move around as you touch the screen there is sufficient friction to ensure it does not move dramatically. I have found that it is still worthwhile just holding it gently whilst it is nestling on a table if I am touching the screen. If it is just positioned for viewing it is a perfect angle for me.
The pen holder is a nice touch and I do use it to hold my stylus as I am forever misplacing them.
My case came with a screen protector, it may have been me , but I could not get it to apply to the ipad without getting bubbles under the protector so I gave up and discarded it. This did not detract from my opinion that this is a very good case for my ipad 2.
A good point to note is I ordered a Blue case and it is a lot darker blue than the illustration. I actually prefer the darker blue so no issue for me.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 March 2016
I've been looking for the right ipad case for my daughter for a while now,so when I was asked to review this one for a discounted price I had to say yes!!! My daughter wanted a case that could be used as a stand,but a lot of the iPad covers I've seen look very poor quality and cost quite a bit!! When it arrived the other day I was expecting the case,but not the extra screen protector or stylus pen! The case is of great quality,and my daughter was relly happy with it!!
2 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2014
Good looking case which provides comfortable protection and looks more expensive than its price would suggest. Lasts well and gives easy access to all buttons, switches etc. However, as others reviewers have mentioned, the case goes right up to the screen edge which can cause occasional problems when trying to tap any edge of screen content. Not a deal breaker by any means and of course gives a bit more frontal protection anyway. More of an issue, to some, will be if you use the rear camera frequently. the camera cut out doesn't align too well with the camera lens so a bit of case often appears in the corner of photos taken. Easy to crop out though and for the random occasional photo not a big problem. Does make the mini iPad feel a little more bulky and have now changed to an ultra slim case instead. However the two years service with this case was very good so would still recommend despite a few minor issues because of the overall quality and protection offered.
on 19 January 2018
I would just like to say how brilliant these cases are, I think they are of exceptional quality you couldn’t want a better case for your iPad , they are multi functional and come in lovely colours , also the delivery was great only had to wait a couple of days, you also get a stylus pen and a clear protective cover well worth ordering 👍
on 19 March 2013
This ipad mini case arrived quickly, but when opened i couldn't believe my eyes! The case itself is great value for the money, and looks more expensive than it was, however this was bought for my teenage son, who chose the blue colour case. Should have been a bright vibrant blue, but was infact VERY dark navy! We kept the case because it does the job, which far outweighed the colour not being correct. On the plus side, the ipad mini fits into the case very well, and all power ports, etc can be accessed easily. Excellent if you want to watch a film, as it also has a stand at the back, which is sturdy and does not wobble. Would have got 5 stars if the colour had been correct. All in all a great product!
One person found this helpful
on 3 April 2014
The case itself is fine but it seems a bit snug on the Ipad, I know it couldn't be too loose as the Ipad would just slide out but even so it felt like it struggled to fit in the case and the sides seem a bit stretched now that it's in. Also the colour isn't white and it's not the colour white that's displayed in the picture on the website! It's not white it's more like a beige colour which isn't actually very nice! I'll probably be ordering another case as tis one was not was I was expecting and had hoped for but for £3 it does the job fine for now!
on 23 August 2013
This is a good value for money product and it does exactly as described. I found the screen protector hard to apply and first attempts resulted in more air bubbles than a fizzy drink. However, using a credit card to straighten it out gave me better results. The iPad slips a bit in one of the corners of the case and sometimes the edges of the screen is obscured. I am not sure I would have been happy if I had paid full price but at £9, it is very good value and with such a wide range of colours, you really can't go wrong.
on 3 January 2015
Arrived quickly given the Christmas holiday and was well packaged. Colour wasn't exactly like the photo but you should expect a slight difference if you consider screen resolution etc. I'm impressed with the product overall, I had a TeckNet case previously which was much more expensive and this one has the same functionality with the addition of a screen protector and a stylus. No it's not leather, but I'm more than happy with it and would buy again.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2016
Now had this case for over two years (if not more) and it is still going strong so I decided to leave review! Nice colour, exactly as shown. Fits perfectly, some of the stitching came slightly loose but did not affect the product at all.
One person found this helpful