BAUME ET MERCIER CLASSIMA EXECUTIVES MOA8692 GENTS BROWN CALFSKIN DATE WATCH
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Quality Swiss Automatic movement; Functions without a battery; Powers automatically with the movement of your arm
- Scratch-resistant-sapphire crystal
- Case diameter: 42 mm
- Stainless-steel case; Silver dial; Date function; Chronograph functions
- Water-resistant to 165 feet (50 M)
|Brand Name||Baume & Mercier|
|Dial Window Material Type||sapphire crystal|
|Clasp Type||Deployment Buckle|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Case Diameter||42 millimetres|
|Case Thickness||14 millimetres|
|Band Width||22 millimetres|
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
The eye-catching elegance of the Baume & Mercier Men's Classima Automatic Chronograph Watch features both chronograph subdials and electric blue accents for increased functionality and style. Classima Executives watches are the heritage of Baume & Mercier's watch-making know-how. They offer a style derived from sobriety, a classical, elegant look. Classima Executives reinterprets the brand's watch-making tradition with mechanical movements with small, useful complications and refined finishings. Constructed with a stainless steel case, the timepiece includes a round stainless steel bezel, and a metallic-brown leather wristband secured with a deployment buckle. A scratch-resistant-sapphire window shields the textured silver dial, which features silver-dash hour markers, slim minute markers, and Arabic numeral indexes at five-minute intervals. The dial also includes two chronograph subdials with electric-blue detailing, a date calendar at three o'clock, and electric blue watch hands. Featuring Swiss-automatic movement, the watch is water resistant to 165 feet (50 M).
New Items From Baume & Mercier
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
* The watch face is light silver but it looks almost pure white. The watch face detail and blued hands are the best features of this watch
* The watch wears big because there is no bezel and because it is very thick / tall.
* This watch has no active second hand; the only second hand is the chronograph function.
* The Valjoux 7750 movement in this watch keeps great time but it is fairly loud and wobbly - I have read some reviews where people say they like to hear and feel the watch winding on their wrist but I would prefer a quieter movement.
* The band and clasp are excellent. The color is very dark brown, almost black. The clasp can be used with any standard replacement strap.
Conclusion: I wanted a classical looking dress watch with a chronograph feature to add little character and this watch fits the bill. The movement is "energetic" but it is growing on me.
Edit: A little over a month of ownership and the watch has stopped operating. I was going to mention how loud the movement is, but another poster mentioned this, so I assume it's normal for this watch. Stunner, I'm less than one week outside of the return/exchange policy for Amazon. Will call B&M tomorrow and update the review.
Edit (Update): Amazon is using a 3rd party to repair the watches; as you might expect. However, I'm now sending it back to them a preposterous 3rd time to repair what seems to be a misaligned stem. The first time, they did absolutely nothing, and it was clear. The second time, they must have made an attempt to repair something, and it did decrease the occurrence of the problem, but it is still not fixed. Bottom line: you get what you pay for. B&M will not support watches bought through Amazon, they are not an authorized dealer. In the past, Amazon has been stellar. However, their arrangement with this repair shop has left me completely dissatisfied.
This is unfortunate, since the watch is quite appealing, and the 7750 is known for reliability given its complexity.
The bracelet lock could be better though - in summer time it sometimes even irritates the skin.
I was wondering how the blue colour of the hands will look like. They are deep blue and they do look beautiful - in most cases you wont notice they're blue, but when you do notice, it just makes watch look even more solid.
2 years and 1 months later (warranty has expired), it just started running fast. It runs fast something like 3 minutes an hour, which is ridiculous. Authorized service gave no clear indication how much will it cost to fix it. They say they would fix it under warranty, however, warranty has expired... If it has something to do with the physical failure, they say it may cost 100-200 EUR to fix it. I also read that this behavior may be due to dried oil in some part of the mechanism. Anyway, it is quite a pity to get this kind of watch to misbehave straight after warranty period has expired...
Couple of things to note about the watch and my purchasing experience:
- The cover of the manual that came with the watch looked new, but had some scuff marks on it. No big deal as that wasn't what I was buying the watch for, but it was something I noticed.
- Another reviewer had mentioned this, but the second hand only moves when you're using the timer. It took me a while to get use to the fact that the second hand is always on 12.
- The watch is a little thick, and I would recommend seeing it in person to see if you like it or not. That being said, since owning it, I've gotten used to thickness of the watch and think it's fine.
In the end, I love the watch and I had a good buying experience from Amazon. Assuming there are no defects or the Amazon warranty takes care of any problems that come up (I'll be sure to update my post if there are any issues), I think the price on it is great. Of course, if you want the security of purchasing from an authorized dealer, then you'll have to end up paying for it (unless you're a much better negotiator than I am).