MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-642): Configuring Windows Server® 2008 Network Infrastructure (PRO-Certification) Hardcover – 21 Jun 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Tony Northrup, MVP, MCSE, MCTS, and CISSP, is a consultant and author living in New London, CT. Tony started programming before Windows® 1.0 was released, but has focused on Windows administration and development for the last 15 years. He has written about 25 books covering Windows development, networking, and security. Among other titles, Tony is coauthor of the Windows 7 Resource Kit and Windows Server 2008 Networking and NAP. You can view his animal photos, bird photos, and travel photos, read his Windows Help blog.
J.C. Mackin, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MSDST, is a writer, editor, consultant, and Microsoft® Certified Trainer who's worked with Microsoft networks for more than a decade. He has authored several Self-Paced Training Kits, including exams 70-291, 70-622, and 70-643.
Top Customer Reviews
Lesson 2 of chapter 8 had me tearing my hair out wondering why the "Computer" I had set up would not validate the DHCP Network Access Protection which is configured during the lab. I completed the lab 4 or 5 times, each with the same result: the "Computer" I had set up would not pass validation. Needless to say, after much digging I discovered that Windows Server 2008 itself does not include the System Health Agent required to validate against a DHCP NAP server but the book only mentions needing a "Computer" called BOSTON. Given that all of the previous labs were done on a computer called BOSTON that has Windows Server 2008 installed on it, it was a fairly safe assumption to use Windows Server 2008 again for this lab. Don't do what I did, instead use a trial of Windows 7 or Vista as the computer called BOSTON.
Having taken and passed the 70-640 recently, I know what kind of questions to expect from the 70-642 exam and I'm certain they will be much more complicated than anything included in the book or the practice test CD that comes with the book. My recommendation is to buy some practice tests online and test yourself against those, not the content of this book.
All in all it's good subject matter to get you thinking but certainly not enough by itself for you to pass the exam straight out.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Exams > European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Microsoft
- Books > Computing & Internet > Certification > Subjects > Networking
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Microsoft Windows > Operating Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web-server Software > Microsoft
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Test Preparation > Study & Learning Skills