on 23 January 2014
I've been using Magix audio software for a good few years now, which means I'm used to its layout and functionality. This is by far the best version of Samplitude. I'm using Vista 32 bit, with 4 gig ram on a 3 year old machine (quad core Duo), and it works great. I have a pro soundcard M-Audio, so that helps, but so far, the new features (increased midi instruments and mix down features) really make it sing for me (pardon the pun).

Edit: I lowered my star rating for this product becasue, though this is great software, and this edit is not to do with Samplitude, as yet, it is pertinent to its sister product, Magix Music Maker 2014.
I recently changed computers and tried to reinstall Music Maker, only to be told at activation that I had reached the maximum number of activations (I think, from memory, roughly five - they don't tell you how many you've got). I was told I had to email technical support to get them to increase the number of activations, which I did, three weeks ago, and which they have not done. I was going to phone their technical helpline, but then found out I was required to buy a helpline ticket.
I mean, really, buy a ticket to talk to a technical department that doesn't respond to emails?
I also imagine that the same problem will exist with Samplitude, should I exceed the number of activations.
Sony, next time for me, I think.
on 30 April 2015
For this amount of money, what you get is unparalleled. If your serious about recording music (that you play), not other peoples samples that you arrange, although this program is more than capable of doing this also,) then this is a great program and one that is ideal for entry level enthusiasts, through to intermediate and more professional types. This is a great piece of software at an unbelievable price!
on 10 January 2014
this is the second time I have purchased this software only because my new PC is windows 8 so I had to upgrade from the previous version; I still rate this software, you can do so much with it and it turns out good recordings for the price and saves a fortune instaed of having to hire a studio to produce songs.
on 18 June 2014
Im not too clever on computer studios but I took a chance and with a little help.
..Its excellent..great value and easy to use after a few hours.
The whole thing is great ...
on 5 January 2015
A waste of time and money ! Drains all your internet allowance and still doesn't work ! Don't buy unless you want to throw money away
on 11 September 2014