Customer reviews

on 13 May 2013
I run an older (2008) Macbook pro and needed to upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 in order to download ILife 11 from the app store.

The product arrived promptly and installation was straightforward, taking about 30 minutes.

I am not technically sophisticated and I have not really noticed much difference following installation other than Snow Leopard has given me access to the app store (essential these days) and my Mac seems to respond faster than before.

MacExpress sent me an email reminding me that there have been recent security updates and advising me to run a software update. They also asked me to confirm my satisfaction with the order and offered some free tech support in return for feedback. I have no problem with that, the product was exactly what I needed, arrived promptly and the service received from MacExpress was exemplary.

My reasoning for 4 stars rather than 5 is that VAT was not deducted even though I am resident in the Channel Islands where VAT is not applicable.
on 31 January 2013
I have mini mac mac from 2009, leopard Mac OS X 10.5.8. My brother had brought me the new Apple Trackpad for christmas (about £80) but it requires the minimum operating system of Mac OS X 10.6.3. Installed the above upgrade, which unlike Windows, was easy and had no problems. Once it was running I was able to use the trackpad. Highly recommend.
on 3 September 2013
It seems to do everything required of it - lots of apps now work in a smoother and more logical manner. Other apps like "iWork '09" Which I have not used on earlier OSX I would hope like other programs for Mac will be almost intuitive. Problem!!!! .... My printer is a Canon Pixma 4500 and the original drivers no longer work. Any solutions out there???Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Mac)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 February 2013
Arrived quicker than expected with speedy contact offering back-up services if required. Can't ask more than that so highly recommended.
on 25 February 2013
it was everything it was supposed to be i have nothing bad to say about it the price was ok too
on 10 November 2013
Installed in about half an hour on a 2007 MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz (Santa Rosa). Runs very smoothly and boots up in about 30 secs, which is so much quicker than the Win7 64 I have on the Bootcamp partition. I could've bought it from Apple for half the cost, but I wanted it in a hurry. Arrived on time and just worked. Very pleased.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 January 2013
It says that it is an operating system. It says it will only go on a Macintosh. If you believe that you'd be wrong ...... very wrong!!

Yes it's called an operating system, that is because it operates your system!!

It goes on intel based pc's with the help of iBoot, Chameleon, EFI, whichever takes your fancy and depending on whether you have an intel or AMD board. I've used my OS on both a MAC AND also used it to "hackintosh" my pc on a multi-boot setup.

Primarily there is a LOT of tweaking and messing around to make your PC run Snow leopard, but IT IS worth it in the end.

So to sum it up:

1) It operates your computer.

2) It's a very nice piece of kit.

3) Go buy one of these ladies today and kit yourself up with a nice bit of "pussy"
on 2 May 2013
Speedy delivery. Loaded easily and quickly, Apple updates followed. What more could one ask? It was reassuring to have the disc.
It has transformed my Mac
on 28 March 2013
As ever this is an excellent Apple product and was delivered promptly and in perfect condition. It installed faultlessly and within the specified time.
on 15 April 2013
What can I say - only that it will keep an old Mac going for another year, some new features and still compatible with a lot of the new browsers.