- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Luxury Market in India: Maharajas to Masses Hardcover – 27 Nov 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Successful luxury branding involves understanding how to position your provenance… their team of professional contributors eschew the simplistic one-size-fits-all global branding approaches of yesterday to describe the nuances of customer-centric segmentation necessary to delight the subcontinent's luxury demanding market."
Sebastian S. Kresge Professor of Marketing
Harvard Business School
"With a surging economy and such evolving mindsets, India has never been more ready for luxury than it is now. But with it comes challenges and their answers in unique strategies. This book addresses these very issues and demystifies the Indian luxury story impressively." –
Valaya Luxury Holdings P. Limited
"Fascinating reading. Well-researched... It is full of unique insight and extensive source material for anyone interested in truly understanding contemporary India, its high-end consumers and their relation to luxury."
Claus Lindorff, Founder & Managing Director, BETC Luxe, Euro RSCG Worldwide
"A well grounded and fascinating journey into the key challenges posed by the Indian luxury market, from consumer segmentation to retailing and communication."
Professor of Fashion & Luxury Management
Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
Luxury marketing strategies on how to succeed in IndiaSee all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
But beyond the macro-economic direction, India has remained a somewhat enigmatic destination for those wishing to establish, market and sell their brands on this subcontinent on the uprise.
For those who seriously want to take part in the enduring economic boom of India, this book provides essential insight and guidance:
- It reviews all essential elements of the marketing mix in the local context, be it distribution and retail, price and value, communications in all it forms including Bollywood, even legal aspects are not forgotten.
- It summarises the historic cultural canvas that drive current consumer behaviours as well as it provides vivid suggestions how this knowledge can be applied into successful marketing action.
- It continuously puts findings in a frame of global reference, Europe or other BRIC countries.
- And last but not least, findings and recommendations are supported by reliable research findings and data.
With this book you will start to decode India. Read it carefully and you will not only start to love this country, you will succeed there!