Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Lumie Bodyclock ACTIVE 250 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Extra Audio Options
|You Save:||£4.95 (5%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Lumie Bodyclock ACTIVE alarm clock wakes you with gradually brightening light - helping you feel refreshed, alert and energised all day
- 15-90 minute sunrise and sunset options, doubles as bedside light, nightlight and security light, snooze function, dimmable display
- Audio options include FM radio with digital tuning, alarm, back up beeper, dawn chorus, rooster call, waves and white noise
- Certified Medical Device (class 1) designed and manufactured by Lumie, the inventors of the wake-up light
- Comes with 2 year guarantee
|AmazonBasics LED bulbs provide an exceptionally long life|
and immediate, significant energy savings.
Dimmable and undimmable models available in a variety of wattages
LED Bulb B22
Packs of 2 & 6
£10.99 - £22.99
LED Bulb E14
Packs of 2 & 6
£8.99 - £22.99
LED Bulb E27
Packs of 2 & 6
£8.49 - £23.39
LED Bulb GU10
Packs of 2, 6 & 10
£9.49 - £28.99
LED Bulb GU5.3
Packs of 2, 6 & 10
£7.99 - £31.99
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
How do Bodyclock dawn simulators work?
Bodyclock Active 250 wakes you up gradually with a simulated sunrise. The brightening light brings you gently out of sleep, prompting your body to suppress the sleep hormone melatonin while increasing hormones like cortisol to help you get up and go. It provides a fantastic start to the day for sufferers of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and helps non-morning people to feel brighter and more energetic.It's helpful for sports training to enable you to be ready to perform at your best and Lumie are official suppliers to the British Swimming team.
Waking to natural light resets your sleep/wake cycle and has been shown to boost your mood, productivity and energy levels all day. Our physiological body clocks are aligned by sunrise and sunset and can be thrown into disarray by modern life. We feel tired and stressed waking early for work or school. Bodyclock restores the rhythm, helping you feel awake during the day and ready to sleep at night.
Combine light and sound for ideal mornings and nights
Active 250’s variable sunrise and sunset can be accompanied by a rooster call, dawn chorus, alarm or FM radio in the morning and waves and white noise at night. It doubles as a bedside light, nightlight and security light, and comes with a snooze function,dimmable display, back-up beeper and power back-up.
Bodyclock Active 250 is a certified medical device EC93/42
Designed to help with SAD, winter blues and other waking and sleeping difficulties, it conforms to European standards and carries the correct CE mark. Bodyclock has been proven effective by clinical trials and comes with clear usage guidelines.
Made by specialist light therapy inventors
Active 250 is made by Lumie, the Cambridge-based light therapy specialist which invented the integrated dawn simulator in 1993. Working with the scientific community they have developed the best-selling Bodyclock range as well as devices for SAD, jet lag, acne and hay fever. For expert advice on which light therapy devices are best for you, call the Lumie Careline on 01954 780500.
Always read the operating instructions before use.See all Product description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Gradual sunrise setting are brilliant. Not having a bright flash of light bursting through makes a pleasant and noticeable difference in the morning.
- You have control over how long a period you want the light to slowly dim on, and how bright you want it to get to.
- The lamp is BRIGHT if you want it to be, it is easily comparable to a 100W bulb.
- Various different alarm clock noises, including a radio, so on the whole you'll find something that suits you. I found that the radio (when put to something easy like Heart FM) is generally the best, and I have yet to put it on snooze since. This is coming from a long-time-multi-snooze person (7am? nahhh.... 20 more minutes...).
- For all you oldies, there's still that alarm noise (BEEP BEEP BEEP...) that will make you nostalgic for the 80s. But the aforementioned radio is still more pleasant. ;)
- A relatively cheap replaceable bulb (£5). Now that might sound like a no-brainer, I mean aren't all bulbs replaceable? Well, if you were to buy the Philips version of this lamps, the answer is "no". So though it seems like such a non-issue, make sure whichever slow dimming/glowing lamp you buy, you can buy just the bulb and not have to buy the whole unit again.
- 2 Years manufacturer's warranty included, so if your machine decides to not work, you can rest assured that someone will fix it for you. Granted you'll be minus 1 alarm clock for that duration.Read more ›
I absolutely loved the product, particularly with the way it both helps you get to sleep (sunset function) and wake up gradually (sunrise function).
I also liked the little details - e.g. the fact that you can set the volume levels separately for the radio alarm and for just playing the radio socially during the day.
What I didn't like was the fact that it apparently didn't keep very good time - it was always losing time, and never gaining.
I left a 3* review on the Lumie website as a result of the poor timekeeping, and was contacted the same day by Doug from the technical team at Lumie.
Over a series of weeks and several conversations and trial runs, we figured out what the issue was, and it's this :
If you e.g. change the alarm time, and then use the main middle menu button to skip through all the menu options before it cycles back to its "neutral" state you will have inadvertently reset the seconds to 00 seconds.
I.e. as you skip past the "set time" (not set alarm) menu option, the software is set up such that it assumes you have reset the time and hence resets the seconds back to 00. So every time you do this you can lose up to a maximum of 59 seconds (and on average 30 seconds per time) - hence why it always loses time and never gains.
As I get up at different times on different days, I was resetting the alarm and skipping through menu options 2 or 3 times a week, which is why I easily found it losing 10 minutes in 4 weeks...Read more ›
Firstly, this is an excellent device to wake up to. There are multiple modes you can select from and the light is extremely bright and completely silent (some Phillips devices have a low hum from what I hear).
Now then, we all know it is expensive. The build quality, in my opinion, is what I would expect for this price due to the features it has. It is indeed plastic but I don't feel that it is "cheap" as such. The unit is secure and I feel the buttons are fit for purpose. To be honest, most of the reviews give a good indication of exactly what it can do so I'm not going to bother too much talking about the sunrise/sunset features. In short, you can amend the times and they work an absolute treat.
What I am going to talk about is some of the other concerns I've read in the other reviews.
The LCD clock does indeed dim. I've no idea why people are covering up the front screen saying it's too bright. If you haven't set the alarm, the LCD screen will stay on all night. HOWEVER, it quite clearly states in the manual that if you hold in the "-" and "+" keys at the same time, it will go into sunset mode and then reduce the front panel to it's dimmest setting. Once it's in sunset mode, just use the "-" key if you don't want to wait the set time and switch the bulb off so the panel reduces. Problem solved!
The clock also has a feature that if you're using it as a lamp, it will automatically switch off after 90 minutes. This is quite self explanatory and you can instantly activate it again by holding the "+" key.
The device is NOT complicated. All the actions are carried out by the use of 3 main keys.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing. Could not live without this now. Also love the sunset feature. Really gets you ready in the wind down to sleep at night.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this when it was getting harder and harder to get up in the morning when it was still dark outside. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Roseanne
Bought this for my son he has no trouble getting up for work now.Published 13 days ago by Carol Hambleton
This item was something I had my eye on for a very long time. When I finally bought it, I was very happy with the delivery and the set up was very straightforward (like setting the... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
I have had this alarm clock for 4 days and my life has been transformed. I wake up happy and wide awake, not constantly hitting the snooze button. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Happy and Smiling
Can't really comment on the efficacy of the product yet, as I have so far woken up before the sunrise has had a chance to wake me (not the product's fault). It looks nice enough. Read morePublished 1 month ago by MK
Couldn't live without my Lumie light now. Definitely helps me to wake up naturally in the morning.Published 1 month ago by Miss P.