Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Lumie Bodyclock ACTIVE 250 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Extra Audio Options
|Price:||£99.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£0.95 (1%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Lumie Bodyclock ACTIVE alarm clock wakes you with gradually brightening light - helping you feel refreshed, alert and energised all day
- 15-90 minute sunrise and sunset options, doubles as bedside light, nightlight and security light, snooze function, dimmable display
- Audio options include FM radio with digital tuning, alarm, back up beeper, dawn chorus, rooster call, waves and white noise
- Certified Medical Device (class 1) designed and manufactured by Lumie, the inventors of the wake-up light
- Comes with 2 year guarantee
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Always read the operating instructions before use.
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Why are Bodyclock wake-up lights so effective?
Bodyclock Active 250 is a medical device that wakes you up gradually with light that mimics the spectrum changes of a real sunrise. The brightening light brings you more gently out of sleep, prompting your body to reduce the production of sleep hormones such as melatonin, while increasing the levels of hormones like cortisol that help you get up and go. This provides a fantastic start to the day for sufferers of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and the winter blues, and helps anyone who is not naturally a morning person to feel brighter and more energetic first thing.
It’s not just a nicer way to wake up. Waking to natural light every day resets your sleep/wake cycle and has been shown to boost your mood, productivity and energy levels throughout the day. Our physiological body clocks are aligned by sunrise and sunset. As most of us experience a mix of early starts, late nights, weekend lie-ins and sometimes travel disruption, our internal sleep rhythms are thrown into disarray. We feel tired and stressed trying to wake up for work, school or sports training. A dawn simulator device re-sets your body clock to run in time with your day, helping you feel more awake during the day and more ready for sleep at night.
Combine light and sound for ideal mornings and nights
Bodyclock Active 250 has a range of short (from 15 minutes) and longer (up to 90 minutes) sunrise and sunset options. In the morning, you can complement your sunrise with a rooster call, dawn chorus, simple alarm beep or FM radio and choose to relax with the sunset and waves or white noise at night. It doubles as a dimmable bedside light, nightlight and security light and comes with a snooze function, auto-dimming display, back-up alarm beep and power back-up. Bodyclock Active 250 comes with a 2-year warranty.
Bodyclock Active 250 is a certified medical device
Bodyclock Active 250 is certified to the Medical Devices Directive EC93/42. It has been designed for a medical purpose, to help with SAD syndrome (Seasonal Affective Disorder), winter blues and other physical difficulties with waking and sleeping. As a medical device, it conforms to European manufacturing standards and carries the correct CE mark. Lumie Bodyclock has been tested and proven effective through clinical trials.
Lumie, the light therapy specialist
When you purchase a dawn simulator (light alarm clock), make sure it comes from a specialist, experienced company. A real dawn simulator can cost a lot of money and you want to ensure that it actually works for you. Bodyclock Active 250 is made by Lumie, the Cambridge-based company who specialise in light therapy products – and nothing else. Lumie invented the integrated dawn simulator back in 1993. Working with the scientific community and gaining vital customer feedback over the years, they have developed the concepts into the best-selling Bodyclock range, as well as applying their specialist knowledge to create other devices for health issues such as SAD, jet lag and acne. They now sell a full range of SAD light boxes, SAD lamps, light alarm clocks and acne lamps.
Always read the operating instructions before use.See all Product Description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Gradual sunrise setting are brilliant. Not having a bright flash of light bursting through makes a pleasant and noticeable difference in the morning.
- You have control over how long a period you want the light to slowly dim on, and how bright you want it to get to.
- The lamp is BRIGHT if you want it to be, it is easily comparable to a 100W bulb.
- Various different alarm clock noises, including a radio, so on the whole you'll find something that suits you. I found that the radio (when put to something easy like Heart FM) is generally the best, and I have yet to put it on snooze since. This is coming from a long-time-multi-snooze person (7am? nahhh.... 20 more minutes...).
- For all you oldies, there's still that alarm noise (BEEP BEEP BEEP...) that will make you nostalgic for the 80s. But the aforementioned radio is still more pleasant. ;)
- A relatively cheap replaceable bulb (£5). Now that might sound like a no-brainer, I mean aren't all bulbs replaceable? Well, if you were to buy the Philips version of this lamps, the answer is "no". So though it seems like such a non-issue, make sure whichever slow dimming/glowing lamp you buy, you can buy just the bulb and not have to buy the whole unit again.
- 2 Years manufacturer's warranty included, so if your machine decides to not work, you can rest assured that someone will fix it for you. Granted you'll be minus 1 alarm clock for that duration.Read more ›
I absolutely loved the product, particularly with the way it both helps you get to sleep (sunset function) and wake up gradually (sunrise function).
I also liked the little details - e.g. the fact that you can set the volume levels separately for the radio alarm and for just playing the radio socially during the day.
What I didn't like was the fact that it apparently didn't keep very good time - it was always losing time, and never gaining.
I left a 3* review on the Lumie website as a result of the poor timekeeping, and was contacted the same day by Doug from the technical team at Lumie.
Over a series of weeks and several conversations and trial runs, we figured out what the issue was, and it's this :
If you e.g. change the alarm time, and then use the main middle menu button to skip through all the menu options before it cycles back to its "neutral" state you will have inadvertently reset the seconds to 00 seconds.
I.e. as you skip past the "set time" (not set alarm) menu option, the software is set up such that it assumes you have reset the time and hence resets the seconds back to 00. So every time you do this you can lose up to a maximum of 59 seconds (and on average 30 seconds per time) - hence why it always loses time and never gains.
As I get up at different times on different days, I was resetting the alarm and skipping through menu options 2 or 3 times a week, which is why I easily found it losing 10 minutes in 4 weeks...Read more ›
Firstly, this is an excellent device to wake up to. There are multiple modes you can select from and the light is extremely bright and completely silent (some Phillips devices have a low hum from what I hear).
Now then, we all know it is expensive. The build quality, in my opinion, is what I would expect for this price due to the features it has. It is indeed plastic but I don't feel that it is "cheap" as such. The unit is secure and I feel the buttons are fit for purpose. To be honest, most of the reviews give a good indication of exactly what it can do so I'm not going to bother too much talking about the sunrise/sunset features. In short, you can amend the times and they work an absolute treat.
What I am going to talk about is some of the other concerns I've read in the other reviews.
The LCD clock does indeed dim. I've no idea why people are covering up the front screen saying it's too bright. If you haven't set the alarm, the LCD screen will stay on all night. HOWEVER, it quite clearly states in the manual that if you hold in the "-" and "+" keys at the same time, it will go into sunset mode and then reduce the front panel to it's dimmest setting. Once it's in sunset mode, just use the "-" key if you don't want to wait the set time and switch the bulb off so the panel reduces. Problem solved!
The clock also has a feature that if you're using it as a lamp, it will automatically switch off after 90 minutes. This is quite self explanatory and you can instantly activate it again by holding the "+" key.
The device is NOT complicated. All the actions are carried out by the use of 3 main keys.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A Christmas present to me from my wife as she did not like my other alarm (and neither did I).
This wakes me up every working day and sometimes before the alarm goes off. Read more
brilliant for the dark winter months. Has helped me wake up on dark mornings. The only thing I dont like is the amount of light emited from the time sectionPublished 25 days ago by julie r
felt a bit cheap and lower quality than the phillips alternative.Published 1 month ago by Zoggy Review
Works fine, but I now live in constant fear that I will forget to press the alarm button every single night..... who thought that was a good a idea??? Read morePublished 1 month ago by Geoff R
Great lamp with lots of different functions but unfortunately we couldn't get it to work properly. Very difficult instructions to follow despite the online video. Read morePublished 1 month ago by margaret Nimmo
Takes ages to change time and light from time only goes away if alarm is set - goodbye nice dark Friday night sleep. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Marissa
wife loves this... wake up to your private sunrise, radio finishes the job...
controls take a few days to get used to but then pretty simple - she has trouble with TV remote,... Read more