Lumie Bedbug - Low-blue Light Bedside Light with Sunset and Nightlight for Babies and Children [Energy Class A++]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Lumie Bedbug - fully adjustable lighting specially for bedtime and sleep, ideal for babies and young children
- Bedside light - low-blue white light avoids stimulation during the bedtime routine, allowing your child to wind down ready for sleep
- Sunset with realistic colour change - light gradually fades to off (or nightlight) to naturally promote sleepiness and settle your child
- Nightlight with two light intensities - non-alerting orange light won't trigger wakefulness during the night so you both slip back to sleep
- Lumie Bedbug - by Lumie, the light therapy specialist and inventor of the wake-up light; 3-year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Bedbug is a bedside light for babies and young children that combines sleep-optimised lighting with restful bedtime features. It incorporates LEDs chosen for their specific circadian effects, ensuring children are ready for sleep and follow a regular sleep pattern and is designed to be used as part of the bedtime routine to promote natural sleep. Bedbug is from Lumie, the Cambridge-based light therapy specialist and inventor of the first wake-up lights.
Lumie Bedbug Mains power adaptor User guide
From the manufacturer
Sleep-optimised lighting for calm bedtimes and good nights. Bedtime lighting with low blue content.
Sleep-Optimised Bedtime Lighting
Most people know now that blue light is best avoided at bedtime because its alerting effect can make it difficult to fall asleep. So it makes sense to minimise blue light in your child's bedroom to help them settle at night.
Bedbug is a unique light for babies and children that combines low-blue LED technology with additional restful sleep features.
With all-purpose bedroom lighting, a soothing sunset and gentle night-light, Bedbug provides low-blue sleep-optimised lighting for the whole of their bedtime routine.
- Fully adjustable bedside lighting
- Low-blue light to avoid stimulation
- 15-minute fading sunset
- Fade-to-off or fade-to-nightlight
- Non-alerting orange nightlight
- Two options for nightlight brightness
- Mixed LEDs mimic sunset colours
- Smooth and silent light control
- H10 x W16 x D10 cm / 400 g
Low-Blue Light For Bedtime
Start bedtime with Bedbug. At it's brightest, the light has a warm white tone and contains almost no alerting blue light. Getting them ready for bed with this type of light will better prepare them for sleep and minimise disruption to their natural night time rhythms.
Time To Say Goodnight
Bedbug provides plenty of light for reading bedtime stories without the unwanted extra stimulation you'd get from other children's lights. When it's time to say goodnight, press a button to start a gradual sunset that will gently dim over 15 minutes.
Sunset To Help Them Naturally Relax
Bedbug has mixed LEDs to mimic the colours of a real sunset. The fading light provides a gentle transition to night and also further promotes your child’s natural sleep response. You can set Bedbug to turn off at the end of the sunset or remain on at one of two night light levels.
Non-Alerting Light For Nighttime
Bedbug is ideal for babies and young children. The optional night light offers a reassuring glow when your child stirs and enough light for feeding, changing etc. without the tones that trigger wakefulness - helping you both slip easily back to sleep.
The Simple Idea Behind Bedbug
- Inventors of the original wake-up light in 1993
- Products backed by scientific research
- British Swimming team use Lumie Bodyclock to wake bright and early for training
Lumie has been designing and developing light therapy products in Cambridge, UK for over 25 years. Our lights treat Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and winter blues, boost mood and energy levels and improve sleep.
Standard bulbs emit white light that contains all colours of the spectrum, including relatively high levels of blue. It's known that blue light is stimulating, boosting mood, energy and alertness and inhibiting the production of the sleep hormone, melatonin. This is beneficial during the day or for treating winter blues/SAD but less than ideal when you're putting your child to bed.
Children's lights emit lots of blue - even those that don't appear blue - and this will impact on their readiness for sleep if used at bedtime. Bedbug provides adjustable bedroom lighting that creates a calm sleeping environment and doesn't impede melatonin production.
Bedbug is recommended by parenting expert Sarah Ockwell-Smith, author of best-seller 'The Gentle Sleep Book'.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Our little mans sleep isn’t great so it’s hard to say if it has improved his sleep but he has been sleeping a little better recently with less early evening wake ups since using the bed bug for bedtime routine. Well worth the money.