Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £5.07 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Luckies of London Europe Scratch Map
|Price:||£15.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Comes with a scratchable layer of foil
- Scratch off the countries you've visited from your own personalised map of the world
- Made in the UK
- Comes wrapped in a layer of tissue paper
- Comes in a beautifully designed tube
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
So, we've designed a Scratch Map for the whole world, we've done one for the USA and then a UK and Ireland version happened too. Now, by popular demand, we're proud to give you the Scratch Map Europe Edition! The idea behind all Scratch Maps is that whenever you've been somewhere, in this case Europe, you scratch off the top foil layer to reveal geographical details and vibrant colours beneath. Scratch maps are a fabulous way to record (and boast about) your travels as well as a nice easy way to improve your geography skills! Just like the rest of the range, Scratch Map Europe Edition comes packaged in a beautifully designed protective card tube so its great to give as a gift.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's quite a disappointment on several points:
- It's rather small (A3 size) but what's worse, the projection and lay out they've used is weird and makes Northern countries way bigger. You end up with Sweden looking bigger than Spain, France and Germany put together. Scandinavia probably takes up a good quarter of the map. Another third of the map is also the Atlantic ocean (and Iceland), really not the best use of limited space...
- The colours are very badly chosen. Everything is just various shades of blue and it's hard to tell the land for the sea or each country from its neighbours.
- They have included cool landmarks and fun facts. That's good.
However, the landmarks seem very random - apparently they couldn't find any for Greece?
As for the fun facts, you'll only know which country they relate to after scratching them. Not ideal.
All in all, it's still a cool idea, but they could have done it so much better!
I do end up spending a lot of time idling staring at it and planning my next holiday though :)
As a side review I ordered it as a prime customer and it came the next day at 11:30, I was amazed and very impressed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Birthday present for my teenager who is going travelling. He loved it.Published 13 months ago by Julie hawker
Best way of knowing where you've been and where you need to go next !!!Published 13 months ago by Andrew Rose