Style: Pro Runner 300 AW|Colour: Black|Change

on 3 August 2010
As you know, there are hundreds of this type of camera bag/backpack on the market and buying something on the internet is always difficult when you can only see photos of the item and not the item itself. However, after many hours of searching for a camera bag to carry a Nikon D200 camera with a 300mm 2.8 lens attached, together with all the accessories, I decided to purchase this particular model. I was not disappointed and neither will you be if you decide on this one.

The backpack is strong, yet lightweight and is exceptionally well made.

As usual, delivery from Amazon was amazing - even to rural France.

I thoroughly recommend both Amazon and the Pro Runner 450AW.
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
THIS HAS MADE MY JOB SOOOOO MUCH EASIER!!!!
(I'm a full time pro photog/filmmaker.)

-It's the best bag I've ever used. (I own Kata, Canon, Nat Geo and others.)
-Lets you carry an absolute TON of gear!!! It's so big I get comments like "dude that bag is bigger than you!"
-Pretty tough, holds it's shape even under heavy weight.
-Super comfortable!
-amazingly easy to get to everything I need on a shoot!

What I can fit in here all at once:
2 bodies, 4+ lenses, 2 mini cases for accessories and cards, 1 tool case on the shoulder strap, Glidecam HD1000 + a compact shoulder rig (both just about fit in the center compartment together), a compact mattebox, a very large selection of filters and adapters, 8 batteries, headphones and a 10" shotgun microphone with a fur windmuff, more small accessories and on the back a tripod and maybe a slider on the side.

HOWEVER, with everything above it would be very heavy. (obviously)
I choose not to have the tripod and slider on the outside of this, i find it easier to carry them in a separate case. But that is because my tripod is a massive 5KG video tripod and so is my slider. -My lightweight photo tripod goes on here no problem.

BUY ONE. lol
on 3 November 2011
I was currently hauling 2 bags around on my photo outings so decided I needed one bag to do the job. First looked at Canon bag and lowpro 350AW but decided they may not be large enough. I was also looking for a bag that I could carry as hand luggage on trips abroad. I settled on the 450AW. As always with Amazon the bag arrived within a couple of days. The box it came in was huge and when I opened the box my first impressions were that the bag was way too large, but on loading up my equipment I found it was just the right size with enough room left over for a few more lenses when my budget improves it's health. So far the bag is holding the following with ease - canon 550d with batterry grip and attached 70 - 200 f4 lens, a second canon 550d with battery grip with attached sigma 17 - 70 lens, canon 430ex speedlight, 2 x canon battery chargers, 1 x A4 battery charger, canon 50 1.8 lens, ball and socket mount for tripod/monopod, lens cleaning gear, pocket book on photography, pens, pencils and memory cards. There is still enough large and small storage places for other items. I haven't tried accomodating my laptop as yet but I normally carry that seperatetly anyway. The only downside to the bag is that it definately will not pass the size test to take on board low budget airlines for eg easy jet, ryanair etc. It may be allowed on board a long haul flight with a larger airline. I guess I can live with this downside. It's not often I travel abroad and when I do I normally prioritise what I take which is normally one camera with one lens. The bag is well padded and will protect your gear through drops, bumps amd scrapes. Overall I would thoroughly recommend this bag to a photographer with a lot of gear. Just be wary of the size and weight!
on 28 February 2011
This bag was far bigger then I had ever expected, and at first I thought I would be sending it back, but it's quickly become my most used Lowepro bag!

Here's what I have inside, and still have room for more

Nikon D90 + battery grip
70-300mm lens (quite long + large)
18-700mm lens
85mm lens
50mm lens
SB600
SB28
2x Yuonguno flashguns
Cybersyncs
Flash gels
Whole Honl kit (all grids and snoots etc)
umbrella stand adapters
28LED torch
Ball ties
about 20 batteries
Laptop
Lots of different adapters and little bits and pieces!
I have used quite a few Lowepro bags over the years and always found them to be of good quality and well designed. This bag is no different. A full backpack style this is pretty large and has the ability to hold a lot of kit at once.

Typical padded construction with inserts that can be moved to suit your needs. This creates a very versatile bag that can carry a lot of kit. I typically carry the following in mine:

- Canon 5D mkIII with battery grip and wrist strap
- Extra optional AA battery insert for grip
- Canon 10x42 L IS binoculars with neck strap
- Flash diffuser, SD cards, HDMI Cable, recording post
- Tripod or monopod

I am also able to store the camera with any of the above lenses attached and the others elsewhere without changing the insert layout. Very handy.

There is still room for more! With the above it makes for a heavy setup but the ability to store and carry large amounts of kit in a bag this size is fantastic. I love that I can adapt the inserts to take my binoculars too, very handy.

With this amount of carrying ability you really do need the twin strap backpack style bag. This means you do not have quick access but is worth it I think. You will perhaps want a smaller day bag for times when you only have the camera or basic setup.

Bag has rain cover, zip rain covers, zip pulls, locking straps for the zips and a few other nice touches that are a sign of a well-made bag from a good company.

If you need to carry a lot of camera gear I would recommend this without hesitation.
on 16 February 2016
I have owned this Backpack for the last 4 years, and I love it.
It has proven how good it is time and time again and I didn't think that it could get any better until a few weeks ago........
Let me tell you a story, which starts at around 9:30pm on a Monday, starting with a 4 hour Clothing shoot during the day and ending with a Rollerblading shoot around 5:30pm in the cold, upon completing the shoot, an unexpected cycle ride home on an unfamiliar vehicle happened with a camera bag stocked to the brim with DSLR, 5 Lenses, 2 flashes, off camera triggers, Filters, SD Cards and a 5KG Tripod attached to the bottom of the bag........ this Photographer decided to go over the handlebars of said unfamiliar bicycle and into the river Thames. following excessive use of the F word, a 2 and a half minute fully submerged swim at 9:30pm in 0 degree temperatures writing off 2 phones in the process, and much pondering on the bank of the river as to what the Hell I was going to do now soaked from head to toe, all I could hope for was A) to not die in the cold and B) that the Photos from the shoots of the day would survive at least long enough to export the RAW files and I would have no angry clients. Upon finishing fending off hypothermia because lets face it what else is there to do on a Monday night commandeering a cigarette from a passer-by and then opening my camera bag with a feeling of dread deep in my stomach I was greeted by the sight of the smallest trickle of water on my flash cases, I mean seriously!! This bag really does work as a submarine. I had a Manfrotto bag before this which struggled to keep my kit dry in the lightest of Rain, you literally had to do no more than breathe too heavily on it and your kit was slightly damp! Due to this I had always been dubious as to how well the AW rating of this bag would hold up in the worst of circumstances and it is safe to say that it does that over and above what I had first thought.
So if you are thinking of falling off a bike into the Thames then this is definitely the bag for you! If that is not in your game plan and need something that will hold up in the worst of conditions then this is also the bag for you, if you have no intention of being close to any water or in adverse weather conditions and need something to house your kit in then this is probably a smart choice, Just in case...
on 12 April 2012
Over the last 10 years my interest in photography has grown steadily, as has my collection of equipment. Initially I started off with small bags that could accommodate just my camera and a few accessories. Then I started to obtain extra lenses. I both needed something to store and protect my equipment in, as well as something I could comfortably transport it in. My main passion is wildlife photography, so the bag had to be comfy, durable, and weatherproof.

The answer was the Pro Runner 300AW bag. It's got a large main compartment, with lots of movable dividers. It's got side mesh pockets (a little tight for water bottles however), as well as a front zipped compartment (for flat accessories). It has a built in rain cover that stashes away on the bottom of the bag, which when stashed also helps provide a little extra padding. A useful feature is it has a cummerbund which can be tucked away into its only mini-compartments when not required. It's not a padded cummerbund or anything, but comes in handy for those times when a little extra stability is required.

The size of the bag is such that I can happily store a Canon 7D with 100-400mm EF L lens attached in it, with a 100mm macro lens, 24-105mm f4-5.6 L lens, 50mm lens, and 17-50mm lens inside, with a little room left over. The bag handles any combination of these lenses!

I also feel quite safe keepign my kit in the bag, and giving it a fair bit of abuse, as the padding is really good. It recently took all my camera equipment on a fieldtrip to Portugal and Spain, without any issue at all!

All in all I'd recommend this bag for anyone that is starting to get a lot of kit, but isn't quite ready for the larger (and more expensive) bags!
on 14 April 2014
I have spent the past month trying to find a bag that would be small, comfortable, well made, airline carry on, etc.

Finally!! found a great bag! I have absolutely no negatives to say about this bag, meets all my current needs (and future needs!)

Right now, the equipment I have is:
Nikon D5300
18-55 mm lens
70-300mm lens

Fujifilm S9600w Bridge camera

and am waiting for the Tamron 150-600 Nikon fit superzoom lens which comes in at roughly 11" (~26 cm in length) without hood (with hood ~35cm or 14" and I do believe that it will fit in quite nicely right down the middle (length down the middle of case is over 15"/38)

So am very pleased and once again, great service from Amazon
review image review image review image review image
on 17 July 2013
I already own the larger version of this bag, but I wanted something smaller to carry just my camera body with 2 lenses, a monopod, spare battery and mobile phone. And maybe a bottle of water!

Having read some of the reviews, I was a little nervous it would not be deep enough, but it is enough for my large Canon 5D Mark III, I am very pleased to say. I don't have a battery grip attached.

I like the quality of Lowepro bags, and know from experience that they are a good company to deal with. I like that it has a waterproof cover and waist and chest straps too, though I'm not sure if I'll need them.
I'm very happy with my purchase.
on 8 June 2010
Style: Pro Runner 300 AW|Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Upon unpacking the rucksack I have to say I was initially sceptical on the build of the bag for supporting weight in any shape or form with the regards of spreading the weight comfortably. This upon trying out the bag with a 1Ds III and several L lenses in there seemed to site very comfortably indeed, albeit not as comfortable as the Vertex 200AW I purchased last year but managed exceptionally well for what looks to be a basic rucksack on the outside...

With regards to packing cameras inside it is a fair old size and will carry alot of kit although I would say if your gonna start to carry this amount of kit this bag will hold probably best to go down the lines of the Vertex, this style of bag would probably be best at a maximum size of 200. It does have plenty of nooks and crannies to store everything in the usual LowePro fashion with fantastic zip quality and design structure to boot.

LowePro is a functional fantastic piece of kit that I would reccomend every time, the first time you look at buying any of the big name bags from LowePro, Billingham etc you would be allowed to think they are a tad pricey for a bag but upon using one for a couple of years you'll soon see they don;t fall to peices and this one is no exception to that rule.

In short a lovely light weight rucksack that carries a fair amount of kit, suited for both men and women and will last a very long time.