Other Sellers on Amazon
Lowepro Flipside 300 Photo Backpack for DSLR - Black
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Capacity: DSLR plus 2-3 lenses and flash
- Tripod carrying system
- Secure entry to camera chamber
- Grab handle
- Limited lifetime warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Camera Backpack, Trekker Series - Blue
Lowepro 250 AW II Fastpack Backpack for Camera
Lowepro BP 150 AW II Photo Hatchback Bag for Camera - Black/Grey
Lowepro BP 250 AW II Photo Hatchback Bag for Camera - Black/Grey
Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW Quick Access Backpack for DSLR - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||£7.00||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||17.53 x 25.91 x 44.45 cm||26.16 x 43.18 x 20.07 cm||31 x 26 x 50 cm||19.5 x 11 x 15 cm||22.5 x 11.5 x 19.5 cm||50.8 x 27.94 x 22.86 cm|
|Item Weight||—||1.33 kg||1.8 kg||0.8 kg||0.9 kg||1.36 kg|
|Size||One size||—||250 AW II||150 AW II||250 AW II||250|
|Style||Flipside 300||—||BP 250 AW||—||—||DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW|
Style Name: Flipside 300 | Colour Name: black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Our Flipside 300 is a compact, lightweight outdoor camera backpack with body-side access, extra storage for accessories and personal items, plus the ability to carry a tripod.
From the manufacturer
The Trusted Original
Lowepro was born from one daring mountaineer’s desire to capture some of the world’s most unexplored beauty spots, with just a camera in tow. Greg Lowe made it his mission to create only the best in innovative, cutting-edge equipment, to protect extreme sporting lovers’ cameras and cinematography equipment from the heart-pounding elements.
The humble Colorado garage beginning of the world’s first Internal Frame Backpack in 1967 pays tribute to Lowe’s enduring belief that he could be the one to design a close-fitting and supportive backpack to transport camera and recording equipment that had otherwise never been seen before. Climbers, mountain bikers, skiers and hikers could now comfortably carry their equipment to heights that only they had known, capturing intimate sights for the rest of the world to see.
Lowe’s first defying feat paved the way for the original Soft-sided Protective Camera Bag, also to be the first of its time.
And with that, the Lowepro mark took off. Fast forward to today and Lowepro has seen the creation of the first ever waterproof camera backpack, and continues to innovate each year to keep up with the demands of a fast-paced, ever changing world of technology and photography.
Keep your valuable camera equipment safe with the body-side access Flipside bag series. The interior compartment can only be reached via a zippered back pad, ensuring that your belongings are impenetrable whilst on your back.
A zippered mesh side pocket offers quick-grab storage for your water bottle and other smaller, personal items. Buckle your tripod into the exterior Hideaway Tripod Mount and find additional storage with another smaller compartment located on the exterior front side of the backpack.
Designed to maximise on space, the interior compartment features a padded divider system, with adjustable sections for your DSLR gear. A removable, zipped accessory pouch slots in above the organisation system, providing a separate space in which to keep smaller items safe. Each of the Flipside models comes with SlipLock attachment loops, increasing the carrying capacity of each bag to guarantee that you’re always prepared for a shoot.
The Flipside AW collection features built-in memory card pockets and a zippered front storage compartment, with space for small accessories and personal items, plus storage space for a tablet in the Flipside 500 AW.
A camera backpack that doesn’t compromise your shoot
Transport all the camera gear a perfect shoot demands with the versatile Flipside series. Inside each of the Flipside models, discover an adjustable and padded camera compartment that can be easily customised to fit all gear and provide ample space for both your camera and equipment. A front storage panel unzips to store your extra accessories and small, personal items. Find additional pouches located on the front of the Flipside 400 and 500 AW, increasing the space for everyday essential objects without the risk of scratching your camera equipment. Strap your camera tripod to the front of the bag securely with the Hideaway Tripod Mount, whilst net side pockets and SlipLock attachment loops maximise the carrying capacity of these backpacks.
A discreet design includes silent zipper pulls to provide quiet access around film crews or wildlife, keeping the elements just right for the perfect photo. The Flipside 400 and 500 also include All Weather Covers to protect the bag when closed, and provide a sufficient cover when retrieving equipment in the rain. The Flipside 200 and 300 feature a removable waist belt and adjustable sternum strap to distribute weight evenly, whilst the 400 and 500 AW include contoured shoulder straps with a padded waist belt to evenly distribute weight, providing exceptional comfort when carrying a heavily loaded bag.
|Flipside 200||Flipside 300||Flipside 400 AW||Flipside 500 AW|
|Colours||Black||Black||Black, Pine Green||Black|
|Dimensions (cm) H x D x W||Internal: 17.8 x 12.6 x 38 External: 21.8 x 15.7 x 42||Internal: 23 x 13.8 x 40.5 External: 25.8 x 17.4 x 44.5||Internal: 27 x 15 x 42.5 External: 30.3 x 25.3 x 46||Internal: 28 x 18.5 x 48 External: 30 x 32.5 x 51|
|Fits Gear||DSLR with lens attached (up to 80-200mm f/2.8); 1-3 extra lenses or flashes; Tripod; Accessories and personal items||Up to a pro DSLR with lens attached (up to 80-200mm f/2.8); 2-4 extra lenses or flashes; Tripod; Accessories and small personal items||Pro DSLR with lens attached (up to 300mm f/2.8); Extra camera body; 4-6 extra lenses; Flash; Accessories and small personal items||Up to a pro DSLR with grip and 500mm f/4 lens; 1-2 extra bodies; 2-4 extra lenses; Flash; 3 memory cards; Tripod or monopod; Tablet; Accessories and personal items|
|Carry-on Compatible (based on 56 x 45 x 25cm restrictions)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|AWCover -Waterproof protective coat for your bag, shielding your camera from rain, snow dust & sand||✓||✓|
|SlipLock - Loop and tab attachments with the possibility of adding extra essential items||✓||✓||✓||✓|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Loving the fact that it opens from the back - now I wonder why not all photo backpacks work this way. Seems much more secure and easier to access.
Arrived very quickly, I've used it every day since.
Well padded and very comfortable to carry for full day.
The ability to be able to swing it to the front when changing lenses it great, this was the main reason I bought it after dropping an expensive lens onto the ground (luckily only cosmetic damage) didn't want to push my luck with dropping lenses.
The security aspect too is great if travelling, the opening to the camera section is next to your back so a thief cannot come behind you and open the bag to steal your valuable gear.
Also had two side pockets for water bottle or other accessories. I put my flash bender 2 in it, high viz vest, waterproof lens cover
Have been using for over 1 year now and it's always in the car
This is the video I saw on YouTube that made up my mind [...]
Highly recommend it
- Really dependable. After six years of heavy outdoor use my old 400 AW suffered not a single stitching failure, fabric split or broken zip. I'm confident this larger version will be just as durable.
- Only one way into the main compartment. For me, this is a plus. Multiple quick access points (side, top etc) increases the possibility of theft and the risk of equipment falling from the bag. Once the Flipside is on your back, nothing is going to fall out, and there's no way to extract any of your gear without first getting it off your back.
- Very configurable internally.
- Lots of space. I can easily pack my two FF DSLRs with lenses attached to avoid lens changes in what are often far from ideal conditions, along with everything else I typically need (first aid kit, pano rail, two 1L water flasks, head torch, spare cards, batteries, cleaning gear etc)
- Being a little taller than the 400, I can now mount my large CF tripod on the rear of the 500; with the retaining buckle tightened there's no tipping or instability. This leaves room for coats and extra clothing layers across the top of the backpack.
- Although not as adjustable as some higher-end hiking backpacks, I used my old 400 AW on 8-10hr hillwalks many times. Being a little taller, the 500 actually sits better on my back, and should be even more comfortable on long treks.
- Now that there's a newer version II model of this backpack, the original design represents even better value for money (£103 vs £155 for the newer version at the time of this review)
- The only flaw in the design for me is that the rain cover cannot be disconnected from the backpack - it's permanently attached to the base. While this means that you can never leave home without it, it also means that once it's wet, you must either leave it hanging off your backpack to dry, or stuff it back into its storage area on the base while still wet (probably not a good idea).
- If you intend to use the "flipside" functionality (slip the straps off your shoulders, spin the bag round on your waist and open the main compartment), you need to exercise care if you don't want to drop your gear. Tighten the waist strap before hand, and preferably keep one hand on the top handle to avoid the bag slumping downwards as you open it.
Two extra things I'd add:
1) Make sure you get the real Lowepro by buying either direct from Amazon or an Amazon marketplace seller you know you can trust. There are lower quality fakes in circulation.
2) If you're struggling to decide over this vs. a smaller option, don't; just go for the 500. You'll find plenty of ways to use that extra space!
I have just recently upgraded from micro 4/3rds back to Nikon and was looking for a bag for my D7200, I settled on a canvas shoulder bag with the view to up grade as my kit expanded. well a couple of months down the line and that already happened. I needed a new bag that would take my D7200 with attached battery grip, my Nikon 50mm f1.8 and my Sigma 150mm f2.8 Macro with the lens hood attached. I looked every where and after looking at various website and youtube videos I settled on the Lowepro Flipside 400 AW. now I'm 6' 2" and built big and broad I was a little sceptical but after getting the bag in the mail today my worries floated away.
So the most important part the gear, the bag has a unique opening where as the entry point is directly on your back so security is amazing no sticky fingers getting to my gear. so opening the bag up I can fit my camera with grip and the 150mm lens in with room below for 2 extra lens I currently have my charger and lens cloths below it so if you had a larger lens no problem, also as a note the 150mm lens has the tripod collar and also my tripod quick release plate attached and it fits with no problem at all. up the left and right sides of the camera and lens there are 4 smaller square pockets for lenses, I have my 50mm lens in one, now for the cool part. I use the rest to fit my gopro hero 4 in with all mounts battery backup and charger plus all cables and still have spare room !!!
The bag also has a very spacious from pocket that fits my bean bags manuals lens caps, body caps and other "nic nacks" that I might need.
Bottom line if you need a compact bag that is well supported and secure with plenty of space for a med to large DSLR this is it look no further. yes you can add a tripod although only a travel one or monopod and it has an all weather cover, but you can also expand it with lowepros street and field slip lock system with at least 4 areas to add memory pouches or a water bottle or lens bag id required. this is a bag that will grow with your system and will I look forward to years of god service from this one.
I hope this helps at least someone
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
The main compartment has lots of adjustable padded sections. I only used one of the long ones.Read more
I'd bought a Sigma 150- 600mm lens, which is a bit of a monster, and which wouldn't fit into my Flipside 400AW...Read more