Loving Yourself Loving Another: The Importance of Self-esteem for Successful Relationships (Relate Guides) Paperback – 4 Jan 2001
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A self-help book from the Relate relationship experts for people who have not coupled with someone successfully and who wish to find love and enjoy a lasting relationship
From the Back Cover
Have you ever wondered why you always seem to find yourself in problem relationships? How come other people seem secure and settled yet you go from one disaster to another?
It could well be that your feelings about yourself are at the root of the problem. This enlightening guide from trained Relate counselor, Julia Cole, shows how self-esteem, or rather a lack of it, can profoundly affect your close relationships. Whether it is due to your family upbringing, your character or your life experiences, low self-esteem is one of the main reasons for relationship failure. Loving Yourself Loving Another can help you improve your emotional well-being. It covers:
-how you perceive others and what makes you choose a particular partner
-how to manage a difficult relationship where one partner suffers from depression, aggression or withdrawal
-how different relationships work: which type can improve your self-esteem and which type destroys it
- how to build strong 'couple esteem' for a healthy, long-lasting relationship
-how to improve your sexual relationship through 'couple-esteem' exercises and advice.
Here you can find advice, self-awareness quizzes and practical exercises to help you improve your emotional well-being.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very well written. Flows into each chapter. Sections of questions/type of questions, help you question yourself in depth. This would be a good foundation book for those studying.Published 16 months ago by Sue Lawrence
The book is written in a bit depressing approach and it is also patronising. I would not recommend it. There are other much better self help books in this fieldPublished on 9 Jan. 2014 by Amazon Customer
I found this book very basic. It would be a good starting point on the subject. In the questionnaires some of the questions were thought provoking. Read morePublished on 25 Aug. 2013 by diw1313
This is a great informative read pertaining to the important area of self esteem .The identification of problems which are not of course identified by British teachers or... Read morePublished on 14 April 2013 by coached88
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Marriage
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Relationships > Weddings
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gender Studies > Men
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups