on 22 October 2013
This is pure fantasy but so well written that it is totally enjoyable and for once Elizabeth and Darcy are not the main characters, although some of their speeches come straight from the original story. I found the telling of this Thales to be refreshing and very entertaining. I would recommend it!!
on 11 June 2016
Story Full of "Americanisms" such as fall instead of Autumn, The holidays instead of Christmas the word "ways" to describe a distance etc
Historical inaccuracies such as presents under the tree! "Christmas trees" where a Victorian tradition not Regency
Totally spoiled my reading enjoyment.
Really, if American writers are going to try and mimick Historical English literature I wish they would read the historical facts and learn correct English grammar before attempting it
on 6 July 2016
An enjoyable book that could have been so much better with a little more research and a better ending. I, like other reviewers, also take exception to the use of Americanisms in books set in this period. The story is good, but the ending is such a let down. It is so abrupt that I kept thinking some of the book was missing. I would recommend this book, but with some reservations.
on 12 April 2016
I absolutely loved this story. I have always liked the idea of Georgiana and Col Fitzwilliam. It's well written although some professional editing would make it better. I'm only giving it 3 stars because after the whole story and drama the end was the most disappointing thing EVER!!! Ms Kelly could have done better. I'm very disappointed now.
on 23 April 2016
Found this book to be well written if a trifle slow and drawn out . But the characters were believable and the dialogue also flowed well. In this storyline the main characters are Georgiana and Richard Fitzwilliam and many of the originals are only mentioned briefly. An enjoyable read.
on 12 September 2014
I always wished that Jane Austen had written more. This satisfies me
on 5 January 2015
Sweet story but I would have like more drama in it