Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 February 2016
I love the illustrations in this. Both the baby and mummy look adorable (to my eyes!).

The theme of the book is good and the phrases are almost short enough that you can read a page before baby quickly flips to the next page.

The only disappointment is the rhyme scans awkwardly in a number of places, e.g. "and sings my favourite songs by far" to rhyme with car. Similarly, "she's really very kind to me, she even helps me do a wee" And do mummies dance around in their underwear in front of baby? Or did we need to mention it, anyway?!

Overally though, it's a lovely book, baby is keen on it (we have the board version to stop it being destroyed) and I love love love the pictures.
on 11 February 2011
I don't know who enjoys this book more, my daughter or me. I Love My Mummy is a delight; touching words and gorgeous illustrations. It has become a firm family favourite and also a much appreciated gift for new Mums. Happy to note that I Love My Daddy is also on its way!I Love My Daddy
on 3 January 2016
Our granddaughter absolutely LOVES this book and the Daddy one of the series. We had both sent to our daughter's address and they arrived well on time and in good condition. A lovely book we would totally recommend as a must.
on 20 January 2014
Absolutely brilliant, what a book, amazing, perfect and very interactive between you and your child. Great large colourful pictures will get you and your child engrossed in what is written in the book.

First time my fiancee read this, she cried.

on 6 June 2014
A lovely book to read with my daughter, however not all the the pages are relevant to us i.e. there's a page about driving to get groceries but I don't drive and my daughter goes shopping with her daddy!
on 2 January 2012
My Mother bought this book for my then 3 year old daughter to give me as a Mothering Sunday present. We started reading it at night as she settled down in bed. We went from simple reading to my daughter joining in, to her hiding under the bed when it came to toes being tickled. Nine months down the line my daughter won't go to bed without it being the last book we read and if I skip a page or read it too quickly she makes me go back and do it again! This is the most brilliant book written, so simple and so easy for youngsters to learn. I even bought further copies for my friends children for Birthdays and Christmas, and have gone on to buy more of Emma Dodd's books, for example both I Love Bugs or What Pet to Get are brilliant and highly recommended for young and old.
on 16 February 2011
What a beautiful book. My daughter and I love reading this together. The illustrations are wonderful and I would recommend it as a perfect bedtime story for young children. We read it again and again - it's a great gift book, too.
on 11 August 2016
I am really disappointed with this book. Bought it for my son as he has 'I love my Daddy' which is a sweet little book. The rhymes and illustrations in this book are poor and I am frustrated with the stereotypical boring role of mummy portrayed in this book. I wouldn't recommend buying it.
on 3 September 2013
My husband bought this book for our son who loves it but I enjoy reading it as much as him! It's a very touching book and the illustrations are great. Highly recommend!
on 12 March 2013
'I love my Daddy' is probably one of the most charming books my one year old daughter has and one of her favourites - clever rhymes, beautiful illustrations. Hoping for more of the same, I bought 'I love my Mummy' for Mothers' Day and I was really shocked. The illustrations are still good, but the rhymes are clumsy, and even worse that than, they rely on gender stereotypes - if all you expect of a mother is to wipe noses, discipline and toilet train then this is the book for you. But I'd like to think that most mothers give their children a lot more than this and are as much fun to be with as the daddy portrayed in the equivalent title.