- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2080 KB
- Print Length: 265 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Saxon Andrew Publishing LLC; 2 edition (25 Mar. 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004Q3RT74
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 17 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #18,722 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Love Conquers All (Annihilation series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is book for you.
It has vague ideas first seen in EE Doc Smith's classic Lensman and Skylark series. Bigger is better! Bigger, faster, more weapons, more damage. "Bus-bars as thick as your leg" kind of stuff.
Beside classic space opera storyline, there is monstrous emotional content too. Heart achingly simple story elements that get you welling-up with tears.
If you like EE Doc Smith, Jack Williamson et-al, there's a new name in town (actually a bunch of people).
If you want a complicated, cerebral, high science novel, look elsewhere.
The speed at which the technology advances, which in reality will take years or generations but here a ship will leave on mission and by the time it returns to port a miraculous leap has occurred.
The way in which the lead characters are just thrown in to positions of enormous power without any question or hassle from others.
The way those lead characters make world altering decisions at the drop of a hat without no dissent
How certain characters have rapid promotion because the lead characters have such enormous power
There are positives to these books as the characters are likeable and the stories have the potential to keep you entertained over several books but if anyone else has issues with the above points then you will struggle with this series and 'Star Chase'
The good: OK heroes, speed of plot development/ pace of events pretty quick all along, narrative readable, nice details here and there.
The bad: Shallow characters, instant mega-solutions, prose as shallow as the characters, thin/ inconsistent back plot, significant events wrapped up with little detail or description. Galactic alliances whose thought processes, planning and logic wouldn't suit an 8 year old. Lots of deus-ex machina resolutions... (eg. God like powers drop onto scene with no effort, integration or credible basis).
Not a wasted day but nothing very much gained on balance.
I bought this and the rest of the series with some Amazon vouchers I got, as it appeared to be an interesting group. In itself the first book was a good enough read, with the title being borne out in the ending. However, the author then goes on to repeat the same overall plot pattern in the subsequent books to the extent that you end up knowing how it will end, so there are very few real twists and turns as the series progresses until the end which again is flagged up as the later books progress.
It's an OK read. Not by any means intellectually demanding to say the least. Would I have bought it in other circumstances? Probably not after the first book or two.
I can best describe this as "feel-good sci-fi" which is a pretty strange blend of genres, but it just about works. Don't expect any characters to exhibit any signs of deviousness, darkness, hidden agendas etc. Everyone turns out to be Jolly Nice Chaps / Girls in the end even if they didn't appear so at first impression. Even the bad guys are not really bad deep down, just misguided.
Overall I'd say a fun read, not demanding, slightly overpriced ... but just about good enough that I went ahead and bought book 2.
This may look like a bad picture however I personally enjoyed the characters and the plot and I felt the light heartedness, although often miss placed, makes the book easier to read. However I do not believe it is for everyone. I wouldn't recommend it to people who enjoy realistic fictional books with realistic characters however it is still a good read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a fabulous story, i would recommend it to anyone who likes Sifi books , It deserves the five star rating i've given it.Published 12 months ago by DJ Williams
Difficult to put it down. Storyline superb keeps you waiting for more. Ok the basic premise has been done before but it is well done herePublished 22 months ago by ian
Looking forward to book two the story is building well the characters have started to develop their roles onto the next.Published 24 months ago by A Hilson
I enjoyed but it was rather light and fluffy. Not a lot of depth or development. Will not buy the next in series but do recommend for a younger person who is just starting in the... Read morePublished on 6 Jun. 2013 by David
good intro and an interesting storyline, different from the normal with a good bit of storyline to go with the actionPublished on 10 Mar. 2013 by adam
I wasn't looking for anything intellectual and Amazon recommended this to me. I regret my purchase. Read morePublished on 12 Feb. 2013 by J. S. Cox
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Books > Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Galactic Empire
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult