Price:£3.69+ £1.89 shipping

on 24 April 2013
I purchased this sauce in the hope that it would be the exact sauce they use in the restaurant chain Frankie and Benny's on their Hot Wings, which says it uses Louisiana Hot Sauce, sadly, this is not the sauce, so if someone could help me out on my quest, it would be greatly appreciated.

Putting that aside, this Louisiana Hot Sauce, follows a trend of popular hot sauces from the United States, this being that the main ingredient is cayenne pepper. The most famous cayenne pepper sauce being Franks Hot Sauce.

I my self can not stand Frank's Hot Sauce, as for me it tastes like watered down sour vinegar. This sauce, has an almost exact taste to Franks Hot Sauce, as do all of the sauces sold under the red cayenne pepper ingredient range do.

However, this is at least manageable on your food. It isn't as sour as Franks, but still has a strong taste of vinegar to it, and at least you can taste some of the other ingredients.

I would recommend the sauce if you are a fan of the range of sauces such as Franks, as this will be abit different. But overall, all of the sauces in this range taste almost identical, with minor changes in how sour they are.

If your looking for a 'hot' sauce, i would look elsewhere, as this sauce has zero heat, albeit i am a heat fan, so my word may be biased, but it would be rare to find someone who could not handle this. The only thing to purchase it for is the taste, which sadly did not live upto my expectations, and i will not be putting it on my food as the watery texture will soon turn it to a sour meal.
55 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 24 October 2013
My wife had fallen in love with this stuff when she tried it in a pub where it was served with her lunch. It's like a sort of slightly salty form of chilli sauce, milder than Tabasco but with real bite. Delicious with just about anything.

It's a nice big bottle and turns up quite quickly.

Well worth a try if you like chilli sauce.
on 23 March 2013
I first tried this at my local Mexican restaurant Pedro's and now I love it better than Tabasco regular.

It is made from cayenne pepper as opposed to chilli peppers for Tabasco and is fermented for only a year, making this a much juicier and slightly sweeter sauce. I still like Tabasco sauces but this Louisiana Hot Sauce I use on almost everything; scrambled eggs, salad, chilli con carne, spag bol and in all soups.

I think I am addicted to it now and would definitely recommend you try it as it's that good.
on 21 November 2013
This sauce is amazing. After tasting in a diner in Manchester we went to the website and ordered some. The bottle arrived - well packed within three days. A wonderful service. The sauce is very hot but very tasty. It gives a kick to all sorts of foods (it is good in Chilli and gives a kick to soups and stews
on 2 March 2014
Bought this sauce in a hope to find something that gave same satisfaction as Frankie and Bennys hot wings. It's not entirely the same but if you smother some cooked chicken legs / wings it's sooooo good.

It's never going to be red hot / sweat inducing with Cayenne peppers, but after eating you can feel the heat in your mouth for a good 20mins... which is what I like. (btw it says one drop is enough on bottle, but I smother chicken with a good coating for desired heat)

Recommended
on 20 May 2013
This hot sauce is simply the best on the market, iv been looking for it for such a long time in the UK and finally found it and glad i did too.

Ive had this stuff in the States many times as well as in the Gulf states of the middle east where it is branded as Red rooster hot sauce.

Its not over powering and too hot and its got a nice flavour and so watery and vinegary as Tabasco
on 7 March 2014
This is another hot sauce that my kitchen cannot be without. There is the trilogy of hot sauces, this one, Texas Pete and Frank's. Liked the size of this one too. Shipping was fast.
on 24 November 2015
Perfect to use when making Louisiana hot wings.
on 15 October 2014
As a massive fan of hard rock cafes "heavy metal sauce " I have been constantly searching for the perfect substitute. And this is it. Tastes just like it. Absolutely brilliant.
on 8 September 2013
best hot sauce ever first had it in the local american resturant in my area and amazon is the only place so far to buy from, this product is produced in usa but deliverd from uk

See one answered question