Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 December 2001
I got this CD yesterday as an early christmas present and Im already hooked. Even though Cornells voice may not be as strong as on later records it still has an unmistakable presence in this album and Thayils guitar sounds as fantastic as it ever did. The whole thing is not immediate as Superunknown but it really grows on you. My favourite tracks are Gun (I like the way it speeds up and then gets heavy!) and Big Dumb Sex. The only thing I can fault with it is that the wonderful Ben Shepherd is not on this to add his music and influence but it still sounds good with Yamamoto on bass. Soundgarden were (and to me they still are) the best grunge band going and Ill still be playing this years from now, along with the three later albums. Louder Than Love definately shows signs of legends in the making and I would recommend it to any grunge fan.
on 29 April 2004
I've had this album since it first came out, first on the old 33 platterand then cd. And I can honestly say that you can play any track off thiscd and it still does the business. There are very few albums that donthave fillers or lame tracks and this is definately one of the finest in mycollection. If you want to hear what sort of music Nirvana should havebeen making instead of selling out then i would suggest this brilliantepic.
on 23 May 2000
When we were all moshed out and our air guitars were out of tune from bad thrash metal and stadium rock, along came Soundgarden with Loud Love and Hands all over. We swopped our tight leathers for baggy skate clothes, we cut our hair and we became grunge. This record is definitely underrated and shows a little of what was to come with Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc. Give it some volume and pretend there was nothing else like it. Great!
on 20 December 2010
The song 'Gun' is a bit overlooked much? I think it's my favourite SG song! It's the more badass JCP in my opinion... 'cos let's face it, JCP is a bit of a posers song anyway. And my next favourite on the album would be 'Big Dumb Sex'; blast that one loud and proud, and show others why it is you listen to "grunge" in the first place.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2013
This is a great early album from Sound garden which shows quite a different sound from the band, Cornells voice sounds quite raw, although it is still a great album!!
on 17 February 2013
My daughter's boyfriend still thinks I a great for buying this for him. He hasn't stopped listening and saying how great it is.
on 4 January 2015
Jumping on some of my players. Not best quality disc pressing.
on 1 May 2016
decent delivery time. ok album.
on 20 September 2014
Many Thanks
on 20 September 2015
its stuck up my girlfrinds twat so I will have to buy another copy whaaaar