- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Lou Reed - Rock 'N' Roll Heart [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
This documentary chronicles the life and career of Lou Reed, from his days with the Velvet Underground, through a long and prolific solo career and including his collaboration on the musical 'Time Rocker'. Fellow musicians offering their personal tribute include Davids Bowie and Byrne, Patti Smith, Suzanne Vega, Dave Stewart and Philip Glass. Also included are renditions of 'Walk on the Wild Side', 'Heroin' and 'Sweet Jane'.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
Is there anything here that fans will learn that is new? Possible not. The newcomers get a sample of his early influences, from romantic poets to beat street artists, the Velvet Underground period gets good time, with welcome chatter from John Cale and Mo Tucker, then his solo work is covered by a series of interview snippets, with credible and interesting back stories to some of his famous songs. The live footage pleases the eyes and ears, while the roll call of back slappers is mercifully not over-killed.
But it's not even close to being definitive and that just comes off as a shame and wasted opportunity. 6/10
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?