Loss and Grief: A Guide for Human Services Practitioners Paperback – 19 Apr 2002
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The author's comprehensive approach will appeal to a wide range of healthcare professionals, including nurses and lecturers, and practitioners working or undertaking specialist and social care.
I found this book exciting and thought provoking. It would be an excellent resource for individuals as well as university libraries responsible for inter-professional healthcare training and education.' - Barbara Borwell MA, RGN, Dip Couns, Nursing Standard
'It is rare to find such a valuable resource as this book that considers gender, race and class and losses resulting from 'social disenfranchisements' such as divorce, adoption or being fostered. The book re-enfranchises those experiencing loss and grief. It is highly recommended for all practitioners in health and social care, not just those working in palliative care or bereavement services.' - Jonathan Parker, University of Hull
'..adds new perspectives that will expand our understanding.' - Resources Hotline, The World Pastoral Care Centre
About the Author
NEIL THOMPSON is a highly respected writer, teacher and adviser, with over 32 years' experience in the people professions. He has held full or honorary professorships at four UK universities, and is now a sought-after trainer, consultant and conference speaker. He is the editor-in-chief of two online communities (Well-being Zone: www.well-beingzone.com and Social Work Focus: www.socialworkfocus.com). His personal website is at www.neilthompson.info.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Death & Bereavement
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups