on 13 October 2004
I have to admit that i had reservations about trying an excercise vid as the last time i tried was 10 years ago, but i was very pleased that after doing the vid 3 times a week for 1 month, i lost 2 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips! (I had lost the weight from having a baby but couldn't seem to tone up, no matter what i tried).
The music has a good beat and is loud enough to motivate without drowning out the helpful words from jenni.
Personally, i found the vid fun and jenni was very good at explaining the moves and why they were important.
I would recommend this video to anyone ranging from beginner to intermediate, as long as you can put up with the occasional irritating comment from lorraine kelly, such as "are you keeping up?".
However, i am now on the lookout for another vid to alternate with this one because i know the workout inside out and back to front.
Give this one a go, i promise it wont disappoint and you'll feel the differance after just 3 sessions.
on 31 January 2001
Jenni Rivett inspires me. She is a true professional and certainly knows the body. You feel safe in her hands and although Lorraine doesn't always get the exercises correct somehow it all works, as jenni corrects her and it's the type of mistakes you and I would make anyway. A great way to get in shape. More please Jenni.
on 17 February 2003
I've tried a fair few work out videos, and this is one I return to frequently. It is not overly aerobic, emphasising more on toning, but it is still fairly energetic and leaves me feeling like I have really done something. It also passes by a lot quicker than you imagine, but if you are short on time it is easy to do a shortened version without missing out some sections. It doesn't require a huge amount of space, but does involve the use of hand weights which is not clear until you actually start the session so make sure you are prepared. I would recommend it to anybody new to workout videos, or who is trying to improve their fitness.
on 23 August 2003
this one is much better than the first video 'figure it out', it doesnt have lorraine kelly making loads of mistakes with each move, and doesnt have the slow version of the moves, which as i got to know the routine of the first video, bugged me like mad. i got bored of doing the same rountine almost everyday, so this is a definate change.
on 22 June 2000
The workout is well instructed and easy to follow, although sometimes the camera angles make copying the first part of a move difficult. The general advice given before and after is useful and Lorraine Kelly is a good role model to watch. I really felt that I had a good workout - especially a couple of days later. For a 45 minute workout - it packs a lot of work into a short time. I would definitely recommend it!
on 19 December 2008
Like the reader below I live in fear of my final copy of this VHS getting chewed. I started with 3 copies and am now on the last one. I have never found a workout like this or as good. PLEASE bring this out on DVD!!
on 20 September 2004
I have been using this video for about 3 years and couldnt recommend it more. It is easy to follow and as long as you exercise consistently 3-4 times a week you will notice good results. Better than all the rest! Jenni Rivett certainly knows her stuff and I would recommend her book 'Jenergy' for 'no nonsense' advice on exercise and diet.
on 17 January 2001
A work out you WANT to do not one that you feel you really should. I was an absolute beginner at video workouts, and even though after the first run through I felt a little dazed, Lorraine Kelly was right keep going and you soon pick it up. There is plenty of variety of moves and you know its working. Lorraine Kelly is great she inspires you as she cant always get it right either. Jenni Rivett is a good teacher she knows when to encourage and seems to know the mistakes you are making. A bargain at twice the price.
on 11 April 2012
This is the best keep fit video I have tried, and, the only one I have stuck with. I would love to buy this on DVD also Figure Happy.
on 30 January 2008
Forget about all these celebrity 'one hit wonders' that hit the stores every New Year. This, and Jenny's other tape - 'Figure It Out' - are the only exercise programmes you will ever need. Alternate them, and you will work every single muscle in your body. It really is like having Jenny in your own home with you. Just do the routines a couple of times, and you will suddenly get the hang of them - it is brilliant when you do.

I lost one and a half stone in two months, by eating a correct diet and doing these routines three times a week.

I just wish they would bring these out on DVD!! I live in fear of the tape getting caught in the machine it has been played so many times.