on 27 September 2012
Ok this is my review,

The ring comes in a tin box as pictured,which i thought suited the ring great.

Ring is about 2mm thick and is matte stainless steel with a beveled profile.

The engraving (both outside and inside) is of superior quality (you will look so close to find a flaw, but it is impossible to), and deep set (can certainly feel the depth running a fingernail across it). The engraving does not have a dark colour added to make it look more prominent and is small and fine but balances well with the size of the ring (6mm width). Engraving is not laser etched and I feel the engraving will stand the test of time compared to that of a laser etched engraving

People are complaining saying that the writing should go all around the outside of the ring....Heres a couple of lines from the book:

'As Frodo did so, he now saw fine lines, finer than the finest pen-strokes, running along the ring, outside and inside....'. No where does it say it went all round the ring, or halfway....

For the 'One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them' bit, this spans approx half way round the outside.

The 'One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them' is on the inside of the ring and engraved upon a shiny stainless steel finish.

The whole paragraph (in its entirety) couldnt possibly fit around the outside (too many letters), The whole first line couldnt fit neither, as you would need a wider ring to accomadate the larger letters to make it span the whole way round.

All in all i would highly recomend this ring as the quality really is outstanding. I cant stop looking at it!
Buy it, attempt to find a fault with the engraving, then be happy you bought it :)

Hope this review served you well....
on 22 August 2012
The ring arrived in double quick time. Worn at work (as a builder) 6 days a week, to save damaging my wedding ring. It has stood up well. The lettering on the outside is still readable, quite amazing realy with all the knocks and scrapes it receives.
on 21 February 2011
I like this ring, not too over the top showy, nice etching, the letters clear. I would give it a five star apart from the sizing, I normally buy size S but this one I wanted for my thumb so bought what I thought was a bigger size (T 1/2). When it arrived it was a smaller size than I expected, but it fits nicely on my little fingers so I kept it because, in spite of that, it's a nice ring!
on 10 October 2014
Not as described on website . The elves engraving gives off the illusion of full all round encryption inside and out . It doesn't , only displays half . To the naked eye unless you wearing spectacles hard to see . Note i can feel the engraving. I hope all future rings will have full inside and out encryption. Otherwise not bad but content.
on 26 October 2011
This ring is brilliant! It feels like a quality product- I have fallen prey to replicas of the One ring before and they have looked nothing like the picture, this one feels chunky and hardwearing. The box the ring came in had me a little worried before I opened it as it is only made from cheap plastic but the ring inside is great.
on 16 August 2015
Much nicer in person.. I was worried about how obvious the engraving would be as my future husband wants this as his wedding ring and it's much less noticeable in real life than the picture which I love. Good quality and amazing delivery really impressed
review image
on 17 June 2013
The ring arrived in a nice LOTR box. However the writing in the photo shows it inside and out and gives the impression thats it all the way round, however its only on the outside and half way round very disapointing. The price is ok so have kept it.
on 21 June 2013
I bought this ring for my fiance's 21st birthday and it's awesome. The ring is really good quality and the inscription is quite deep. The sizing was also perfect and it was delivered on time. Cannot fault it at all. Oh and my fiance loves it :)
on 4 July 2013
Great quality, perfect condition, engraving both inside and outside. exactly what we wanted. Shame there was no elvish translation in the box if what it says! Guess I will have to read the book again ( any excuse!)
on 12 December 2012
Although I ordered a few sizes too big, it's still okay and once I received it... I decided it was too precious to ware so I keep it in the box and take it out to look at the incredible detail on it!