Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
Lord Of The Rings: Conquest (Nintendo DS)
- Play as Evil characters in a brand new, 'Evil' campaign. Battle through scenarios after Frodo failed to destroy the One Ring
- It's good to be bad!
- Acclaimed Battlefront gameplay in a fantasy setting allows players to choose the way they fight, as Warrior, Archer, Mage or Scout in melee and ranged combat
- Local multiplayer - split-screen with up to 4 players competitively or 2 player co-op
- A massive cast of characters & weapons adds great depth to the gameplay: Heroes, Wargs,Ents, Oliphaunts, Cave-trolls, the Balrog, Nazgul, ballistae, and more!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Nintendo DS
Great Games and Accessories for the Nintendo DS from Gamesbuyer.
There are many reasons to love The Lord of the Rings, but if your favourite parts were the epic sized battles, then this should be the game for you. You’re able to play as almost any character, good or evil, and take part in giant online battles.
|The fell beasts of the nazgul are one of the most powerful mounts|
|Take part in the defence of Minas Tirith… or the attack|
|Almost every creature from the books and movies are featured|
|Oliphaunts are the biggest creatures you can face in the game|
The game recreates a wide range of scenes from both the films and the books, including Gandalf’s fight against the Balrog in the Mines of Moria and the Battle of Isengard, where you can play as a tree-like Ent. There are two separate campaigns, for the forces of good and evil, with the latter allowing you to rid oliphaunts in the attack on Minas Trith or to fight as trolls at Helm’s Deep.
Online up to sixteen people can fight in the one battle, across a multitude of different competitive and co-operative game modes. If you can’t play online though up to four people can still fight it out in the splitscreen mode.
- Battlefront redux – Developed by Pandemic Studios, the creators of the Star Wars: Battlefront series, this is very much the same idea but set in J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy world.
- From the source – The game’s graphics have been created with help directly from movie special effects team Weta Digital, including elements not used in the final cuts.
- Schools out – The game features five different classes of character, including warrior, archer, scout, mage and guardian.
- Star studded – More than 60 different characters are planned for the final game, including everyone from Aragon and Gandalf to the Uruk-hai Lurtz and even Sauron himself.
- Lonely planet – Almost every location form the films and books is featured in the game, from the Black Gate and The Shire to Rivendell and Shelob’s Lair.
One of the biggest developers in the U.S., especially after merging with BioWare and then being bought by EA, Pandemic has worked on many different styles of games, from Battle Zone on the PC to Full Spectrum Warrior, Star Wars: Battlefront, Mercenaries and Destroy all Humans! See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
>Very good graphics for a DS, a huge step up from the older LOTR gba games
>The gameplay is fun although could become a bit repetative
>A good AND evil campaign
>At a certain point in each level you have the option of playing as a giant (good = ent) (evil = troll)
>Play as heros
>You can either use the control pad or the stylus
>Your allies follow you into battle
>Very similar to Star Wars Battlefront
>Difficulty setting (easy, normal or elite)
>Statistics recorded e.g. battles fought, time played
>You collect badges and medals as you progress through the game
>Ability to link up with a friend
>Despite there being 11 levels, there are only 6 maps (Mines of Moria, Helms Deep, Pelenor Fields, Minas Tirith, Plains of Gorgoroth and the Black Gate)
>Only 3 classes, warrior, archer and mage
>Does not take long at all to complete (around a week on and off)
All in all this is a great Lord of the Rings game even though it didn't last long, I would definitely reccommend this to any Lord of the Rings or Battlefront fan.
In this game,however, it introduces Star Wars Battlefront style gameplay to a Lord of the rings scene. What will you do? Fight with the forces of Rohan, Gondor , The last alliance, Hobbits, Elves, Men, Dwarves, Ents and Heroes such as Gandalf and Aragorn? Or will you seek to destroy Middle earth with the forces of Sauron and Saruman?
Personally, I think the game is very addicting! A real escape from the traditional LOTR games. I would recommend it to all LOTR lovers and even for those who love Star Wars Battlefront and have never heard of The Lord Of The Rings!
Good game but due to length would not highly recommend hence the three stars.
This shortness in locations makes the game not last long in playing time, in the respect that I completed this game in about 5 hours. The content is good, but is not long enough to be a recognised game.
However, if you enjoy the LOTR films, or have previously played on the LOTR middle earth games, then this is definately the game for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love Lord of the Rings and was super excited when this finally popped through my letter box. I swept it up and dashed happilly to my bedroom to pop this into my DS and... Read morePublished on 10 Oct. 2012 by Kez89
My nearly 12 year old son says:
"WOW!!!I got this game about a year ago and I still love it. Read more
You would love playing this game and you are able to play almost any character, good or evil.Published on 19 Oct. 2010 by Ms. N. M. Griffiths