Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
We often see Vienna in terms of its grand past, but isn't it time you checked out its dynamic present? From its colourful contemporary culture and arts scene to its burgeoning culinary culture, picturesque vineyards and innovative performance arts - you're sure to be impressed.
- Two expert authors, over 500 hours of research, more than 250 shopping, eating and drinking recommendations
- A dedicated Arts & Architecture chapter showcasing Vienna's distinctive architectural styles and world-class art
- Go beyond schnitzel and discover cutting-edge Viennese cuisine
- Local views from a fashion stylist, museum director and crime writer
- Get off the beaten track with our Get off the beaten track with our walking, cycling and tram tours
Lonely Planet gets you to the heart of a place. Our job is to make amazing travel experiences happen. We visit the places we write about each and every edition. We never take freebies for positive coverage, so you can always rely on us to tell it like it is.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Haywood, and Caroline Sieg.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)