Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Panama is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dine and dance the night away in Panama City, relax on the palm-fringed beaches of Bocas del Toro or hike through the cloud forests of Boquete; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Panama and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Panama Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, music and dance, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and etiquette
- Over 48 maps
- Useful features - including Off the Beaten Track Itinerary, Month by Month (annual festival calendar) and Activity Guide
- Coverage of Panama City, Pacific Islands and Coast, Bocas del Toro, Boquete and the Highlands, Volcan Baru, Comarca de Kuna Yala, Darien Province and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Panama, our most comprehensive guide to Panama, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Central America on a Shoestring guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Carolyn McCarthy.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia) *Best-selling guide to Panama. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, April 2012 to March 2013.