Lonely Planet New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Roam the streets of crazy, colorful downtown Philadelphia, cruise through the Finger Lakes region for beauty and wine, or visit the iconic Statue of Liberty; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including lifestyle, customs, fashion, history, art, music, theater, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 69 local maps
- Coverage of New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Gettysburg, Hershey, Long Island, Albany, Thousand Islands, Niagara Falls, Buffalo, Jersey Shore, Princeton, New Brunswick, Trenton, Newark, Cape May, Ithaca, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania, our most comprehensive guide to New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has tooffer, Lonely Planet's Discover New York City, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Jeff Campbell, Sarah Chandler, Bridget Gleeson, and David Ozanich.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)