- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Lonely Planet Great Britain (Travel Guide) Paperback – 17 Apr 2015
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
Inside Lonely Planet's Great Britain Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, architecture, landscape, wildlife, literature, cinema, television, music, painting, sculpture, theatre, sports, cuisine, politics.
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 150 colour maps
- Covers London, Canterbury, Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham, Yorkshire, Newcastle, The Lake District, Cardiff, Snowdonia, Glasgow, Argyll, Inverness, Stirling and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Great Britain, our most comprehensive guide to Great Britain, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled
About the Author
Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Neil Wilson, Oliver Berry, Fionn Davenport, Belinda Dixon, Marc Di Duca, Peter Dragicevich, Damian Harper, Anna Kaminski, Catherine Le Nevez and Andy Symington. About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is broken down into four major sections:
Page 6 - Plan Your Trip:
Introduction to the island, what to look out for, what you need to know in advance, etc.
Page 45 - On The Road (The Guide):
P059: England (10 sub-sections)
P655: Wales (3 sub-sections)
P789: Scotland (4 sub-sections)
Page 969 - Understand (local culture):
History, landscape & wildlife, architecture, arts, food, sport etc.
Page 1019 - Survival Guide:
A-Z Directory, transport, language, index, etc.
I bought it to locate places of interest not necessarily the big popular places. It certainly does highlight events and places. Not in any detail.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews