Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Dominican Republic & Haiti is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Follow in the footsteps of conquistadors in Santo Domingo, claim a spot in the sand at Playa Rincon, or visit Haiti's mighty Citadelle la Ferriere; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Dominican Republic and Haiti and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Dominican Republic & Haiti Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, literature, music, dance, sport, architecture, politics, landscapes, and wildlife
- Over 39 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Dominican Republic Outdoors, and Top Experiences
- Coverage of Santo Domingo, Port-au-Prince, Playa Rincon, La Vega, Damajagua, Cabarete, La Citadelle la Ferriere, Punta Cana, the Peninsula de Samana, Port Salut, Lago Enriquillo, Pico Duarte, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Dominican Republic & Haiti, our most comprehensive guide to the Dominican Republic and Haiti, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Paul Clammer, Michael Grosberg, and Kevin Raub.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)