on 26 March 2016
I've reviewed hundreds of books in a professional capacity, but not much I can say about this one. It is well laid-out. covers all the things you want or need to know in appropriate sections, and s small enough to stow in your pocket. It irritated me at first to see how they had written the phrase or question in Cyrillic form next to the English version and before the phoenetic guide, then I realised it was not for me in case I wanted to copy it. It was of curse for any hapless Bulgar who I had accosted. Duhhh.

Well worth the money, especially when you think how foreign a country Bulgaria is in terms of alphabet!

PS. The title says ( I think) A Good Read
on 29 December 2016
I used this book on a trip to Bulgaria about 6 months ago and since then have been trying to learn Bulgarian. It is such a detailed and useful book that I am still using it to help me with grammar and vocabulary. I would 100% recommend this book to anyone at all interested in learning Bulgarian. The phonetic pronunciation for each translation is excellent and my Bulgarian boyfriend could understand me perfectly when using it, even with no prior knowledge.
on 17 May 2017
Expected more for the money. Far too limited and basic. Waste of money really.
on 28 April 2017
Interesting little phrase book
on 14 July 2014
Clear phonetics to learn"Key" day to day phrases building up by using the dictionary to giving you enough basic language to get by in a foriegn land
on 31 August 2015
Book arrived in good time and is an excellent guide to have when in country. Would have preferred the Rough Guide, as the layout is easier to navigate, but the Lonley Planet is okay. It stood us well when in bulgaria.
on 21 March 2015
Bought this hoping for more than just a dictionary and phrase book. Upside it was good from that respect but downside the print is so small I struggle to read it so probably use my old one more
on 28 August 2014
Excellent little start off book for travelling to Bulgaria.
on 7 April 2016
Brought this as my boyfriend is Bulgarian. It has some useful phrases and is easy to follow but is hard to navigate and also my boyfriend was laughing at how they worded some of their phrases.
on 18 September 2016
I have taken the book out to Bulgaria for my friends who live there as they found it helpful and easy to use.