on 30 December 2014
A great guide that you can hold in your hand and not on the computer. The amount of information in here is fantastic and the nuggets of gold we discovered in them is well worth the investment.
on 24 March 2016
Bought as a present for a friend off travelling so cant comment on use
on 31 January 2014
Will be very useful for our visit to Australia as we are going for 2 months. Lots of Places to visit
on 12 December 2013
We're going to Australia for a few weeks and lonely planet guides are always the best I found. I'm actually Australian (!) and found this book extremely useful for information regarding travelling around Australia.
on 21 June 2017
Great as always.
on 12 December 2013
I bought this for my brother who is spending a year in Oz. The book is full of useful, up to date advice (this is the most recent version at time of writing Dec '13). There is a useful map, info about transport, places to stay and lots lots more. If you know someone going travelling to Oz you can't find a better gift. He hasn't put it down and was clutching it as he went through the airport! We all had a read and found out some useful facts.
on 20 September 2014
I used Lonely planet for all my trips for the last 5 years, I understand Australia is a massive country and the trip I will do there cover lots of different places, but when I get the guide book I found all the places I am planing to visit but with just little information about them, so I had to do my research online to fill up all the missing information, such as transports links...which I think are essential. so yes lonely planet is this time it fail me or simply is no worthy to cover a whole country such as Australia in only one guide book.
on 16 May 2014
An absolute must for any traveller. Everything you need to know will be covered in this book. I used their New Zealand one and I went to places I might have bypassed.
on 26 July 2015
Excellent, comprehensive travel guide covering the whole of Australia and real value for money (purchased for £8.00).
The book is a little old being the 2013 edition and a new one is due for release in Nov '15 - but as we're going before then this book will do just fine.
Particularly like the itineraries section - will be using these for inspiration when planning our travels.
on 17 July 2015
Good book lots of information