Lonely Planet East Africa (Travel Guide) Paperback – 13 Jul 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other --New York Times
This is up to the best Lonely Planet standards, providing useful information for when you get there, a good read for in between bits and a bit of inspiration before you leave. --Amazon customer
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
(1) Covers nearly 6 East African countries
(2) Making it good value for money
(3) Easy to use maps both colour and B/w
(4) Has local and street maps
(5) Advises on top 11 places to visit
(6) Advise on do's and don't's on or before taking safaris
(7) Covers areas of interest month by month
(8) Discusses various safaris on offer
(9) Chapter on Gorilla tracking
(10) Advise on travel with children
(11) History of East Africa
(12) Brief look at wildlife
(13) Explains survival guide
(14) Covers lodges, camps, tents, transport, money, eating, sights, shopping, safari guides, fees, tipping, climate,phones, and when to go.
(15) Dangers and annoyances.
(16) Medical problems, insurance, dress code, theft and what to take on holidays
(17) Basics on Swahili language
This book is small enough to carry. You can put markers on pages you wish to see frequently.
The only other map you may wish to carry is Nelles Folded map of Kenya, which also covers northern Tanzania and is excellent.
Having born in Kenya, I found this book very good.