on 9 March 2017
No quibble. Exactly as ordered. Excellent.
on 21 September 2017
I showed this to a friend from London and he admitted there were sights in there he'd never seen! Can't wait to try it out!
on 13 July 2014
A gift to my son in London which he loved and will enjoy using for a long time
on 17 July 2013
The book leads you on 25 walks around different parts of London. For each walk, we are first given a map with the walk drawn on, then basic info on the distance and broad approximate time it will take (generally half-day or full-day), as well as the nearest tube or train stations to the start and end points. Following this, there is a bit of general history about the area. Then the walk starts, with detailed information over several pages, explaining where to walk, what you will see, including information and history along the way, as well as suggestions for places to stop off. There are also several photographs for each walk, showing some of the sights along the way.

This book would be an excellent companion for anyone wanting to explore London by foot, either alone, or in a group. It would particularly suit those who enjoy learning a lot about what they are seeing. The hardest thing would be deciding which one of the 25 walks to pick first! The amount of information for each walk could be too much for some people as it does go into quite a lot of detail, but if that's the case, you could just follow the map at the start of each walk, and then refer to any points of interest in the text as and when you wanted to - they are numbered on the map, so you can easily find them within the text.

A definite recommendation for anyone wanting to explore London in a different, and very educational, way!
on 22 April 2014
If you go on a coach tour of London you can cram in as many of London’s sights as you have patience for, and hopefully stop and grab a quick look at a few of them too. But if you want to get a real feel for the city then grab this book, your walking shoes and maybe an umbrella and hit the streets. Unlike a planned city like New York, London has grown organically from a collection of villages, and this book peels back the years to show you what remains of them and their different characters.

London's Secret Walks gives 25 walks with a chapter per walk, and each can be tackled in half a day or less (or more if you visit many of the suggested hostelries en route). The first of these, Roman Britain, shows you what survives of London’s earliest days, but after that the chapter titles such as Bloomsbury, Notting Hill, St James, and Soho and Fitzrovia speak for themselves. I thought I knew my London: well, I didn’t – but I do now.
on 28 May 2013
Bought this for a friend who enjoys walking, and she's already walked her way through almost half the book. She's not so sure about the 'secret' but she especially likes the maps and the little nuggets of information that the writer drops in. I'm getting such great feedback that I might have to borrow it back or get my own copy!
on 23 August 2013
London's secret walks takes you on guide filled journey around one of the greatest cities in the world. With stunning photography and an eye catching cover, this is a must have book for anyone who wants to discover the true London.
on 8 April 2013
This is an excellent book that describes some really great walks through `secret' London. I had another `secret' book from this company so I thought I'd try this one too. The walks are described in good detail with little maps, there are 25 walks in total but I have only covered 2 since I got this book (walk 3 and walk 6) but I think I will try more. There are a lot of photos in the book which is nice as you can look to recognise those on your walk. I really liked this and it points out places to stop for refreshments on your walk too (which is always necessary!). Yep, I'd recommend it :)
on 13 July 2013
Very useful book - lots of walks taking in many unusual sights/ sites. Divided up into manageable areas. Great little book.
on 29 November 2016
This is a fantastic book. That I can't stop raiving about to family and friends. We bought this book to give us something different to do when visiting London and it has bought us so much fun that we have visited London more than usual, so that we can walk another route. So easy to follow that both my older children have borrowed the book to use with friends. A gem of a book which appeals to all ages - even our 15 year old boy. The walks take you off the beaten track, down alleyways and passages that you wouldn't find on your own, it points out some beautiful buildings, old shops and gives little snippets of info and facts - turning the walks into a treasure hunt. Love it