- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
London's East End: 1940s - 1970s [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
London, 1940: the Luftwaffe is pounding the East End, reducing whole districts to rubble. People shelter in the Underground as their streets are destroyed. The East End is stronger than the enemy, and emerges victorious into a new world. But within thirty years, the old East End will vanish. The roads fill with traffic, the terraced housing is replaced by tower blocks and the Docks are closed. Using rarely seen archive film, this documentary captures the final years of the old East End.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
i was hoping the dvd would be more about life in the east end but really it was more about the politics and formation of life within the east end. very much focuses on the war and housing.
would recommend nonetheless as it is a good watch and very informative. would be good for teachers/schools.