London Street Beats 1988-2009:21 Years Of Acid Jazz Records CD
|Price:||£14.47 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
* The second part of BGP's celebration of Acid Jazz's 21st birthday is an enjoyable ride through a set of high-class 90s beats and grooves.
* This collection throws the spotlight on the label's contemporary beat-laden productions. It takes in the sounds of trip-hop, lounge, big beat, jazz-house and features many of the biggest names of those genres applying themselves as remixers or producers.
* Acid Jazz was the middle of the maelstrom of dance culture and was responsible for setting up one of the great 90s nightclubs, the Blue Note, in London's Hoxton Square. This collection throws a light on an alternative side of 90s club culture that is distinct from and pop house.
* Here are Leftfield producing the Sandals' early single, one of DJ Scruff's earliest works and a true rarity in his mix of Manasseh's `Rasselas'. James Lavelle and Tim Goldsworthy's UNKLE produced and mixed the Emperor's New Clothes, while Paul Weller's producer Brendan Lynch took apart and reconstructed Mother Earth's `Jesse'. Another Paul Weller cohort, the Young Disciples' Marco Nelson, hooked up with actor Max Beesley on the infectious `Last Night Beats'.
* The set is completed with some truly stunning work, both as an artist and a remixer, from label-owner Ed Piller under his Introspective Funk Collective title. Trevor Jackson, later of Playgroup, mixes the Emperor's New Clothes' `Unsettled Life - Lesson 2', a down-tempo classic, and Manasseh pops up again with the languid `Souljah'. Big beat is represented by Ceasefire man Derek Dah Large on his remix for JTQ and his own Bloodsucka's cut.
Look for similar items by category