Other Sellers on Amazon
Have one to sell?
London Street Jazz 1988-2009 CD
|Price:||£12.23 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
See all 3 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, CD, 22 Feb 2010
Only 2 left in stock (more on the way).
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
21 new from £3.99
Frequently bought together
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
1. THIS - THE FILTHY SIX
2. STONED ON DENMARK STREET - NEW JERSEY KINGS
3. MR TANAKA - THE BRAND NEW HEAVIES
4. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE - THE JAMES TAYLOR QUARTET
5. MR JECKLE - MAX BEESLEY'S HIGH VIBES
6. SAMBA MINUS ONE - ED JONES QUARTET
7. BOLIVIA - ULF SANDBERG QUARTET
8. MR P.C. - SNOWBOY & THE LATIN SECTION
9. REJOICE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS - THE BUKKYLEO QUINTET
10. EYES THAT BURN - EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES
11. AKIMBO - SIMON BARTHOLOMEW
12. SWEET OHM - OHM
13. MERCY MERCY ME - THE APOSTLES
* This is the third volume celebrating the Acid Jazz label's 21st anniversary, and this BGP focus on the label's jazz heritage. This compilation, by Dean Rudland, covers all the bases from hard bop through organ grooves, latin rhythms and fast fusion.
* This CD gives an alternative view of London's acid jazz club scene, showing where many of the label's bigger acts' influences come from. Artists such as the James Taylor Quartet, the Brand New Heavies and the New Jersey Kings show their love of the Mizell Brothers' fusion. Whilst future TV star Max Beesley, Simon Bartholomew and the obscure but brilliant Ohm take a turn at a more jazz-funk groove.
* Others such as the Bukkyleo Quintet and the outstanding Ed Jones Quartet play it in a more acoustic mode. In this they are joined by Snowboy with his Latin take on John Coltrane's `Mr PC'. Looking at jazz from outside these points of view are the Emperors New Clothes with an almost free `Eyes That Burn' and the Filthy Six, Acid Jazz's newest signing, who explore a late 60s early 70s Donald Byrd sound.
* The in-depth sleeve notes explain how jazz became so important to a generation of London musicians on the UK soul scene and how they imbued it with a unique British flavour. Also how a Swedish piano teacher spawned a generation of UK organ groups.
There are no customer reviews yet.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Pages with related products. See and discover other items: ace records cd